“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Desires in my Heart

I was being a bit poky this morning, which meant I had to walk to the school really fast! It's mornings like this I am thankful for my mom teaching me how to be a great power walker! I was rather warm by the time I got there, but I wasn't late so it was a success. I love getting up to the school every morning and greeting the other teachers and 'Tias' with a kiss on the cheek. It is such a loving culture and I appreciate it a lot! On clear days like today, we have chapel outside before class starts and it is great! After chapel, I was off to the teacher area/library for the last of my orientation. It got to be a lot of information, but it is all important and good to review. This afternoon it was fun to have the little kids running up to me asking about library time. Since I am officially the librarian now they come looking for “Miss Edeeka” to help them check out books and it is precious! I was a little late getting out of the last English class for the day and there was a group of them that walked in to the class because they wanted to go and get there books. It was distracting to the kids in class, but it was so cute it was hard to ask them to wait. After school it was time to get the medium age kids ready for Bible Club. We all loaded up in the truck and went to a church in the middle of town and it was a good time. There were some songs and a message geared towards little kids and I am proud to say I was able to pick up quite a bit of what was being presented! It was awesome, God is good! The last couple of days I have noticed how much I learn form reading all of the signs around me. This afternoon at the church there was a poster that said “Jesus es mi Salvador” (Jesus is my Savior) and since I knew most of the words I was able to figure out that Salvador meant Savior. I face many language challenges every day, but I am choosing to celebrate the small victories! When they were done with Bible Club the kids got to play at the church park for a bit before heading home. I got to spend time at the park with the boy I will be a paraprofessional for, I am eager to see how he continues to overcome obstacles. I look forward to supporting him in academic as well as everyday tasks. I seriously cannot describe how God is bringing to life so many desires I have in my heart here. I have had a special place in my heart for people with physical handicaps and working with this little guy will be challenging, but it is something I have wanted to do for a while! When I see others struggling to get around I long for them to overcome, which is one of the many reasons I am grateful for the opportunity to work with this little guy. When I got back from Bible Club I had some supper and now it is time to pack my bag and get to bed, because I am off to Quito bright and early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment