“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, February 14, 2013

God is Love!

Viviana, Caila, and I!
God is love! Love can be felt in many different ways and comes in all shapes and sizes. On Valentine's Day many of us can get caught up in the materialist and media centered idea of what it means to love and be loved, but true love is SO much greater than any of those items. God's perfect LOVE is revealed countless times in the Bible and “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” -Romans 5:8. The ability to love and be loved is an incredible gift from the Lord, and much like the beauty of God it goes beyond what is always visible. Yes there are times when love can been seen by actions, heard through words, or felt in a hug, but there is much more to it than that. The love of God is deeper than any ocean, higher than all the mountains, more numerous than the stars, more vivid than any sunrise, it is bigger and more wonderful than we can dare to imagine! When I woke up this morning I knew I was loved by my Heavenly father, my family, relatives, friends, and by my Casa de Fe family. Although I could not physically see or audibly hear I am loved by all of them, that does not mean it isn't there. I have felt love in many different ways and am blessed by all of the love and support I have in my life. Although Valentine's Day is not really a holiday celebrated in Ecuador, there is so much love floating around here every day. The kids at Casa de Fe love so much, and need a lot of love too. I am unbelievably thankful for the opportunity I have to teach them, but more importantly love and care for them every day! I got to spend time with these precious children today and definitely felt loved. After working I took a nap, snacked, cleaned, and ran errands to finish preparing for babysitting. When the Freeman girls arrived they brought Cheralyn and I some candy and balloons, and Tandy brought us chocolate covered strawberries! Once Johnathan and Eli got here we made supper, spent time being artsy, and watched movies. The whole evening with the kiddos was nice, but my favorite part was saying prayers and making up a bedtime story for the little ones. God shows love for us through His people, written word, and creation...Dios es amor!


No comments:

Post a Comment