“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, February 4, 2013

Magnificent Journey

Jeni is modeling a couple of the
bracelets she made today!
It was a very rainy walk to school today, but I enjoyed it. I find walking to school very peaceful and look forward to it every day! I was a bit soggy for most of the morning because of my walk, but it was worth it. The next two weeks will look different for me when it comes to work, because all of the students who are passed their classes have a break. If a student did not make the grades required, there are remedial classes to provide the extra help they need. I didn't really know what I would get to do at school until I arrived this morning. Although I have a general idea of tasks that need to be done over this time, there are no specific time lines, so it keeps me on my toes. Today I was planning on making bracelets with the kids, since it is a highly requested activity and after communicating with the principle and the 'Tias' (with assistance from Abigail) I got the okay! The first group I worked with were the students who had passing grades in all of there classes, and the second group was for those who had to go to tutoring during the first art session. The kids really enjoyed making bracelets and it was pleasant to see the older boys and girls interested and engaged in a task! When I was done with the art groups, I went back up to the school to help the other teachers prepare activities. Since they only teach/tutor in the mornings this week, the rest of the day was used to get their materials ready for the weeks to come. We had lunch together and once again they made me a big plate of food. They are so hospitable and inclusive which I appreciate a lot. It was an especially huge blessing, because my lunch was somehow rotten. When we were done eating the rice and potatoes, I pulled out all I had to offer...a bag of animal crackers! I felt a bit silly at first, since this was all I had to share, but they kept eating the animal crackers so they must have liked them pretty well. I got done early today since there was no library or enrichment time after school, so I did some research on athletes who have triumphed through struggles! I am looking for inspiring videos about athletes overcoming obstacles to encourage Martin, he is one of the students with a physical handicap. I found a great clip about Derek Redmond in the 1992 Olympic games and was motivated as I watched it. Life is a magnificent journey and although every race doesn't go as we planned, our Heavenly Father is always there to carry us across the finish line. When it came time for supper, I needed to get eggs so I took a short walk to the store at the end of the street! Cheralyn and I made french toast with strawberries on top and they were yummy. Since it has been such a rainy day, after supper we decided it would be a good night for a movie. We made homemade popcorn with garlic salt and watched a movie in Spanish, but it wasn't just any movie it was Titanic! I was pretty excited for good food, a great movie, and even better company!

No comments:

Post a Comment