“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, February 11, 2013

Muévete en mi

Dancing time at the Freeman's house!
It was another day filled with activities here in Shell. My day started up at the school planning Carnival festivities! The Ecuadorian teachers, Cheralyn, and I spent a lot of the morning figuring out activities and the supplies needed for an exciting celebration tomorrow. I always enjoy getting to be with the other teachers and listen to what they are talking about, because the more I hear them talking and make nonverbal connections the faster I learn. After work I took a short nap before heading over to the Nate Saint Memorial School to play volleyball and basketball. The Martin, Freeman, and Joy families, Cheralyn, and I spent time enjoying the holiday and playing games. It was awesome spending time with these families and getting to play two of my favorite sports outside, it was a lovely combination! We stayed outside until it was time for our potluck supper with sloppy Joe's, broccoli salad, chips, banana pudding, and brownies...it was a delicious meal. Once we all had our fill of food we took turns dancing on the XBox Connect, it was really entertaining! The festivities ended with watching the Christian comedian Tim Hawkins. I wrapped up the full day with a nice quiet time focused on how the Lord can and is moving in my life. We sang "Muévete en mi" (Move in Me) in Church yesterday and it is the catchy inspiration to this theme. Muévete en mi immediately stood out to me and it is an elegant prayer. As stated in those three words, I seek to know the Lord more every day and for the Holy Spirit to be moving in and through my life! God is moving in incredible ways in my life, in lives around me, and in places all over the world. I pray that my heart may be open to how God is moving and willing to follow His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment