“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, March 23, 2013

Choose Joy


Nila was my buddy at the zoo today!
My day began with eating Trix at the kitchen table, they aren't only for kids! There is something about a good bowl of cereal in the morning, and if I don't have cereal for a couple of days I start to crave it. Choose joy today. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." I will be joyful and give thanks in every situation, because it is God's will for my life. In good and bad moments I cling to this, because the Lord knows exactly what I need when I need it and for this I can rejoice always! Once I had eaten and gotten ready for the day the Freeman's and the team picked us up in the truck. I went with them to Casa de Fe to get a group of kids to take to the zoo. They were all pretty impressed by my Yogi bear shirt that I wore today! Each of us were paired with a kid for the day and Nila was my buddy for the adventures. The zoo is on the military base, so we went entered the base and drove down to the zoo entrance. After you arrive there, there is a fifteen minute walk on a nicely paved trail to the actual area where the animals are. It is a very peaceful place along the river! While we were walking trough to see the animals one of the monkey tried to grab my headband. I started laughing pretty hard, some might call it cackling, and was told to quiet down so I didn't scare them. There were pretty birds and a puma too. While we were at the exhibit, one of the guards brought a chicken by the fence causing the puma to come right near us. It was cool to watch how the puma wanted to eat the chicken so bad, then it started
The monkey on the right tried to
take my headband!
growling at us and I figured we were next in line! When we were all done seeing all the animals we sat down for a picnic lunch beside the river. As soon as we were done eating we were off to games, play at the park, and climb the tower. The tower reminded me of the one I've climbed in Siseton, South Dakota. The scenery is a lot different, but it is the same kind of build. My day with Nila was a huge blessing, she is an energetic, funny, and sweet girl. I also caught a glimpse in to what it was like for my parents having to take me to the bathroom all the time when I was little. After the adventures at the zoo, it was time to cool down with ice cream. I hopped on a bus towards Puyo and enjoyed avocado ice cream from Mickos, Cheralyn recommended it to me and I have to say it was quite tasty! When I got home I enjoyed eating some treats that were sent from home. It arrived a bit behind schedule, since they were accidentally forgotten, but I am very happy to say I received a few cards from some relatives. I got to read

Love from home ♥
encouraging notes, look at hand drawn pictures, and received a few goodies. I am unbelievably thankful for relatives that care so much about me, thank you guys! After eating a lot of candy I wasn't too hungry for supper, but went out to eat at Chifa China with the Post's. I had some spring rolls, sweet & sour chicken, and shrimp with noodles. It took a long time to get back to the house after supper, because we went shopping at the markets and stopped at several bakeries looking for doughnuts. The doughnuts were not a success, because all four bakeries I went to didn't have them, but I did run in to three Casa de Fe Tias on the way. They are great ladies and I love running to to people from Casa when I am out and about! On the courts right by my house there was a volleyball tournament going on and it looked awesome. I didn't watch for long, but one of these nights I am going to hang around and observe. They play with a soccer ball, the net is really high, and it usually seems to be 3 on 3, I haven't seen a woman playing volleyball here either.

No comments:

Post a Comment