“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Great things

It was a rainy walk up to Casa de Fe this morning and my raincoat isn't totally waterproof, but I made it there about half dry, so I did pretty good! The first graders were more calm which made my job easier today. However, they have gotten really good at purposely throwing the pelota (ball) too far in gym class, because they know their partner doesn't get it they'll have to go after it. When it was time for the Inicial gym class the sun was out. All the little ones had on their hats, a lot of them were too big, but they looked adorable! They don't like to be in the direct sunlight, therefore, the hats helped. I took the oldest girls down to the cancha to play basketball and they did awesome. Paola had a pet grasshopper she kept showing off to people on the walk down, and Talia and I kept slipping on rocks, but we both made it without falling so it was a success! I was impressed and thankful for the girls hard work during class, I'll admit I was pretty nervous about this class yesterday, but it all worked out. I tried to be outside as much as I could today, because it was sunny all afternoon. Usually the sun will just peak out, but today it stayed for a long time. It was definitely the sunniest and hottest day I have had here! The teachers ate outside and I got to talk with them for a bit. While talking with them I have noticed I usually don't catch things the first time, but if I ask them to repeat themselves I can pick up on it. I love getting to know and spend time with the Ecuadorian teachers. English class was a little tense again today, but I am hopeful that everything is worked out between the two girls now. Hopefully tomorrow with be smooth sailing again. After school is nice and laid back with the older kids which I appreciate very much! When
Joselyn sitting at the house, her and her twin
sister love to walk up and be held!
I was all done working I went down to the house, visited some kids, then Cheralyn and I spent some time figuring out stuff for the team supper. It wasn't totally successful, but I walked home and Cheralyn endedd up getting it figured out. Although the supper plans changed a bit, the restaurant we ate at had a good traditional "merienda" (soup, salad, rice, beans, meat, and a drink). Cheralyn, Freddy, the team and I enjoyed a good supper which was a good way to end the day. When we were all done eating I had some time to read before bed. Today's Daily Bide in my email was Psalm 126:2-3, "Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.'  The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." The Bible doesn’t say that life is going to be without troubles, I experience bad days, and things don’t always go the way I planned.  I have felt hurt, pain, disappointments and sadness, but none of these things can take away the joy God has given me! I thank Him for every experience I have been through and all the ones that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment