“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, March 18, 2013

Help the weak

The day started off right with a skit about superheroes in chapel. I got to be at a superhero training school and practice protecting what is right, the mantra was: Be strong! Be courageous! We have the power to protect! The focus verse at school is from 1 Thessalonians 5, "Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else." It is invaluable for me to follow in Christ's footsteps and care for everyone, sometimes this means kindly redirecting, encouraging, helping, or simply loving them. In the midst of a busy morning of gym classes I made a toilet paper run to the house, since we get it from the Tia's I got to stop and greet all of them and visit Cheralyn. Greeting the Tia's is great, I respect and appreciate what they do for the kids so much. They are incredible women! We took the fourth grade class to the cancha and for some reason they were slipping all over the place. There are usually water puddles, but today three kids managed to fall in the water during
About to start after school enrichment!
 our game of soccer. Every time they fell I got nervous about injuries, but they always popped right back up and kept playing. It was chicken for lunch with the teachers before my  really small English class today. I only had two girls, so we got a lot done and I enjoyed the individual work I got to do. I sure did miss the other ones though. Library and enrichment flew by today and then I was off to ice cream with Laura. She and her husband, Andrew, are leaving tomorrow and I was thankful to get to say goodbye. I am grateful for her meeting her and incredibly blessed by her friendship. They live in Minneapolis, so I hope to see them sometime when we are both back in the States. I enjoyed wandering around out on the town tonight. I like seeing the sights, hearing the music, smelling the food cooking on the stands, and just being in Shell. I ate a grilled plantain with cheese in the middle, which was pretty good. Then I went vegetable shopping at a market, to supper at Johnny's, and grocery shopping at Alexander's with Cheralyn's family. While at Alexander's I decided to go for ice cream round two for the day! When I got back home it was time to prep the food for Rebekah's birthday celebration before getting some sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment