“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, March 10, 2013

Me rindo a El

I walked out of my room to the sun shining brightly through the front window, this is always a spectacular way to begin the day. I love the feeling of standing by the window in the sun! Church was long, but as usual the music was great! “Me rindo a El” (I surrender all) was my favorite of the morning. It is a beautiful song that reminds me to give God the things I try and cling to in order to grow closer to Him. It is all too easy for me to become distracted and worry about stuff that does not matter, the Lord is all I need. Everything I need will be provided by my Heavenly Father, this does not mean I will never have to do anything again, but when I am working for Him I will be taken care of. I had a nice time of listening to worship music when I got home and ended up being so relaxed I fell asleep. It was a power nap, but I woke up hungry and ready for lunch. After I made myself some food, Cheralyn and I went to the market to buy vegetables for guacamole. We replicated Kelcy's from our big nacho party a couple of weeks ago and it was tasty! Yesterday we talked about making guacamole and I was craving it all day until we made it. I had a nice walk to and fro frisbee today. It was a good time of reflecting, I really enjoy walking and when you pair it with prayer you can't go wrong! It was rainy for most of frisbee today, but I didn't mind it was actually rather refreshing. We had a mini game of boys against girls soccer too. Towards the end of playing our game the sun peeked out and there was a rainbow. It was the first rainbow I had seen here and it was a beautiful surprise! When the clouds cleared over the mountains I was able to see the volcano smoking too. On my walk home I tuned out the hustle and bustle of cars, and appreciate the nature around me. The sunset was breath taking, it got even better when I was getting ready to cross the street and looked in to a puddle. I saw the incredibly clear reflection of the sky in the puddle, the clouds were so vivid. I got home with a little bit of time before prayer, made supper quick, then headed upstairs for worship with the Casa de Fe staff. I feel like I can't say enough how thankful I am not only for the time of prayer we have every Sunday, but for each one of them! Give us clean hands by Mercy Me was a song that echoed what God was teaching me this morning. I enjoy music with meaningful lyrics a lot, here are some of them from this song: "We bow our hearts, we bend our knees, oh Spirit come make us humble. We turn our eyes from evil things and Oh Lord we cast out our idols. So give us clean hands, give us pure hearts, let us not lift our souls to another." I pray God uses my hands to serve Him with a heart that is pure and completely focused on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment