“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Only One need

I knew it was going to be a great day when it started with Martin walking all the way up to the school. He needed assistance, but he worked on going part of the way by himself! The chapel exercises were also very nice in the morning. I may like it more than some of the kids, but when I am enjoying it they are more likely to give it a try too. I had the rest of the early morning to work on the birthday board! I finally finished hand making all of the cut-outs and laminating them. I wanted it to be low-maintenance, so the plan is to use dry erase markers each month. It was rainy and cool this morning, so the second and third graders had a blast kicking and throwing the balls in the stair wells of the school. They are always content when gym plans are modified to be inside which I appreciate a lot. By the time physical education for fourth grade started it was hot and sunny, I guess in some ways Ecuador isn't so different than home! We went down to the cancha with them to play soccer, at which point it rained more. When I got back up to the school I enjoyed listening to the rain on the metal roof, it was coming in light and heavy waves that I could hear on the bodega awning before it reached the school. Since the rain drops are so big here I could see the burst of light and heavy rain as I stood on the balcony. English class was tension free and back to normal with my group of girls. It
Happy birthday Genesis!
was nice to see them all getting along so well today! Before Bible Club I went down to the house to meet the girls checking out Casa de Fe and staying at our house for a couple of days. Brianna and Natasha work at an orphanage in Quito and are here to observe and help at Casa de Fe! Then it was off to church with the kiddos, I was able to sing along with the songs pretty good this afternoon. I am starting to get more correct pronunciations of words which makes singing in Spanish much better! “Cantaré De Tu Amor Por Siempre” (I could sing of Your love forever) is beautiful in both Spanish and English, it was my favorite of the evening! The message was about Maria y Marta (Mary and Martha), it is important for me to remember to be still before God and place time with Him above all else. I know in the past few weeks there have been many days where my time of resting in the Lord has been filled with other tasks, so I am working on fixing that.  Luke 10:38-44, "As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!'  'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.'" I went to the hospital to visit Santiago again today, his little body was on many cords, swollen, and frail. As I touched his little foot to pray for Him I could tell the Lord was calling him home soon. When I got home there wasn't much time before taking the oldest girls to dance at the Coliseo. It is a fun time to bond with them, exercise, and be involved the community. We went out to supper at Johnny's with our guests after dance. I found out earlier this week Johnny's is not the real name of the restaurant, the official name is actually “Tablitas Guayusa (Tea) Bar”. It was a nice treat to drink the tea that's part of the restaurant name and it was a great way to warm up after being in the chilly rain! We stopped at the bakery after supper for dessert and got caught in another evening downpour on the way back. When I got to the house I baked cookies while rocking out to some music. It's Rebekah's birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make sure I had a little treat for her special day!




No comments:

Post a Comment