“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Others more significant

 
A statue of Puyo's founder.

I walked in to the kitchen to make breakfast this morning and stepped in a large puddle of water. A leaky sink made for an interesting start to the day, but Dwight came down to fix the sink and set up a rat trap. A small guest was heard scurrying around the ceiling tiles the other day and it was time to try and catch it.  I just lounged around house for the morning, which was very nice. Philippians 2:3–4,“Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” I pray for humble service that looks out for the interests of others. Cheralyn and I jumped on a bus to Puyo for the afternoon. We went in a ton of different souvenir shops while we were there. We even found thrift stores, I enjoy thrifting a lot and it was fun to find some in Ecuador! When we were all shopped out it was time to head to a heladoria for an afternoon snack. I had an ice cream waffle bowl with homemade whipped cream, the whipped topping is always my favorite, but it is extra yummy here. I caught the bus back to Shell and am proud to say I successfully navigated where to get off by myself. It may seem insignificant, but it was a small victory for me! Shortly after I got home, Rebekah returned some kitchen supplies she had borrowed and gave me a beautiful purse. It was such a kind and thoughtful surprise. She needed to go up to the school to grab something and asked if I would join her, I like walking around town so I was more than happy to accompany her! We had a nice chat on the rainy walk to and from the school, got to see some of the kiddos, and was able to get construction paper for my roommate! It was a successful trip up to Casa de Fe. Cheralyn's parents came to visit her and
My tasty ice cream treat!

arrived this evening, so they were settling in when I got back to the house. They were ready to eat when I got back and let me go with them to Johnny's. It is a great place to eat, clearly I go there a lot! Tonight I mixed it up and tried a chicken platter that came with cheese, egg, and yucca fries. I am glad I tried it, because like everything else I have had it was great. After stopping by Karen's to pick up a few things we came back to the house. I called Dwight to see if he would turn on the pipe to get the filtered water, but since it was dark and raining he was so kind as to bring one of their water jugs down. Dwight and Tandy are such good neighbors and take such great care of me, they really go out of their way to help when it is needed and I appreciate it a lot! To wind down the evening we played a game of “Dutch Blitz”, it is a competitive and fun game. I had a blast playing, but was getting pretty tired and ready for bed when we heard a loud POP. It kind of sounded like something exploded at first then I remembered the rat trap, we got the rat! After an exciting investigation it was confirmed the creature had been caught and it was properly taken care of. I was rather disgusted, but glad it wasn't crawling around above my head anymore. When all the excitement was over it was definitely time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment