“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, March 8, 2013

Precious Gift

Fabi and all the girls in her class after receiving their flowers!
Chapel went really well, which was a great way to start the school day! The kids enjoyed the "Smart Gym" warm up exercise and sang very nicely. After chapel Rebekah and I went to get flowers for the all the females, because it is "dia de la mujere" (the day of the woman). I had honestly never heard of if until today, but it's an International holiday and a pretty big deal here. We had lots of time to talk on the way to the flower shop and purchased 50 carnations for a grand total of $9. When we got back to the school we gathered up all the boys to deliver the flowers to the girl students and teachers, it was cute to see how bashful they were about hading the flowers out. All three gym classes today consisted of playing soccer at the cancha, which went by
Rick organizing the distribution
of flowers.
really fast since they were back to back. At lunch we had a big fruit salad and coconut treats, during my time in Ecuador I am acquiring a taste for coconut...in fact I like it quite a bit now! It was test day in English and the girls did very well. My newest student didn't get it perfect, but is forming a solid base of what we have been going over in class. It is exciting to watch her learn! When the school day was done and I was walking around cleaning up I ran in to a couple of the oldest girls helping clean their class. I was impressed they were doing this, then it got even better when the girl who had been particularly mean yesterday apologized and I couldn't help but praise God for answering this prayer. As usual the Lord worked in ways far exceeding what I had hoped for, and although I had already forgiven her, her apology
filled me with so much joy! I had some time to take a nap before Tandy, Cheralyn, Rebekah, and I went over to Tracey's for dinner and a movie. We ordered pizza and the salad with homemade ranch for supper, which was yummy as always. I really enjoy spending time with these ladies, they are all fun and although we are all different ages it doesn't feel like it at all. They are such strong women of faith and great to be around! When I was done

The Carnations were pretty!
eating the main meal I thought it would be a good idea to eat five cookies, because they were so good, but as I am heading to bed I'm still extremely full so maybe it wasn't my best idea. We watched "October Baby" and although it was very predictable at times I liked it a LOT! There was such a powerful message about how God is a solid foundation in all situations and that the life of every child born and unborn is a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment