“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Revived spirit


My gourmet pancake!
I have been going to church at the iglesia del Nazereno on Sunday mornings which has been good. As I am here longer I can pick up more bits and pieces of the message and enjoy seeing familiar faces. Today's message was about "humildad" (humility) and we looked at several different verses in the Bible. The one that resonated the most with me at this time was Isaiah 57:15-19, "For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: 'I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. For I will not contend forever, nor will I always be angry; for the spirit would grow faint before me, and the breath of life that I made. Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry, I struck him; I hid my face and was angry, but he went on backsliding in the way of his own heart. I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners, creating the fruit of the lips. Peace, peace, to the far and to the near,' says the Lord, 'and I will heal him.'" God dwells in the perfect and holy place, but has chosen to walk with me here on earth. The Lord has revived my spirit and restores comfort to my soul in all situations, He heals my heart from every pain and makes me whole again. The way of the Lord is so perfectly planned that I cannot even fathom the gifts He has in store for me. Although there are many things in my life that have not gone as I wanted, God has healed me from the pain and lead me on His perfect path. I desire to seek His way over mine and pray for peace in all circumstances to come. We had a build-your-own pancake party after church and it was awesome! My award winning pancake had maple syrup, mora syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, and chocolate drizzled on top. I tried to make it look nice too! Then it was an afternoon filled with various tasks such as laundry, organizing clothes, and cleaning off my dresser. While I was cleaning I was listening to Te Amo Más Que A Mi Misma Vida. This song has beautiful lyrics: "Te amo por completo, te amo Dios eterno, te amo mas que a mi misma vida, te amo con pasión, te amo con fervor, te amo mas que a mi misma vida." (I love you completely, Eternal God I love you, I love you more than my own life, I love you with passion, I love you with fervor, I love you more than my own life). Then it was time to get out of the house, so I walked around town and went to the market to get veggies for guacamole. I have really enjoyed eating guacamole here, it's definitely a new favorite snack! I went with Cheralyn to drop off her parents at the bus stop and as we were leaving it started to rain, but we decided to enjoy a rainy walk back. People in Shell all run to take cover when it rains, but we did just the opposite! We made it a little ways, but Dwight  ended up coming back to pick us up. It was very thoughtful of him to come and get us since it started raining. As soon as I got back I started making the guacamole, and once it was done I ate it outside on the front porch to watch the storm. Prayer night was great and as the worship music played I began to think about what is coming next. I am quickly approaching the halfway point of my time here and was a little overwhelmed about what I am supposed to do next year. I know there is no rush and God has a plan, but it can be daunting to figure out what is to come. I was wrestling with these thoughts on my own and was incredibly thankful when they prayed for me specifically about the future. God knows my heart and exactly what I need! I got to have another great Skye conversation with my family, I love how technology allows me to connect with them regularly and it's even better when the video works like it did tonight. After chatting with them it was time for a bedtime snack, but this meant going in to the kitchen at night. I can tell I'm a bit reluctant, because on my way to the kitchen a moth flew out of the front bedroom and for some reason I was nervous it was a rat so I jumped. When I went back to tell my roommate about the moth I thought was a rat she laughed and said, "Let's all just take a moment to be thankful that rats don't fly." Boy oh boy am I thankful the rat in our house doesn't fly, and I glad to say I successfully got the coconut cookies with peanut butter I was craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment