“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sing praises

I woke up ready for the day after a good night of rest. School started with a planning hour, then it was off to gym. The 1st graders are so cute I can't even begin to explain all the adorable things they say and do! I have enjoyed teaching the gym classes so much, the sports are fun but I just really like getting to spend time with all of the kids at the school. During snack break today I was enjoying an amazing chicken, cheese, and vegetable empanada when I heard "Miss Erica" being hollered. I thought I was just hearing it at first, but asked one of the other teachers and she heard my name too...so I went downstairs and found Nila and Alejo hiding behind a door. Then they ran up to me excited they had gotten me to come down the stairs and were being silly! Gym class with the oldest girls was really tough today. There was tension between some of the girls and they didn't feel the need to listen to me. I was kind of at a loss, not angry or frustrated, just totally unsure of what to do. They were able to get it together for stretching after I told them I didn't expect perfection, but I needed them to try their best. However, after that they decided to do their own thing. I was disappointed after class since all of the girls had poor attitudes, but understand we all have off days and tomorrow is a new one. God has been teaching me a lot about taking each day as it comes and appreciating moments, both good and bad. This was a great example of an experience that wasn't very fun, but it was a learning opportunity for me. Lunch consisted of a great time with the teachers and yummy food. Today the desserts stole the show, the "bizcochos" (biscuits) tasted like the Pillsbury sugar cookies you can buy for different holidays, but they would melt in my mouth! In English class the girls were a
Cristofer and Marili hanging out!
bit chatty, but we talked about how to be good learners and they adjusted right away. They are an awesome group to work with! After school club consisted of coloring and making tea with Rebekah. We had a lovely conversation about her experiences living abroad and different things in life that have brought me to where I am, it was a great conversation and exactly what I needed! I hung out with the kids at their house for a little while before making the walk home. I had an excellent time of prayer and thanks on the walk home. Psalm 147:1 is a divine reminder to give thanks even after a day of ups and downs at school, "Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting." I crossed the river on the walking bridge and paused to take in all my surroundings, it was incredible. I had time for supper, then it was an evening consumed by the staff meeting. It was about the different departments within Casa de Fe and a time of communicating with each other. When it was over, Cheralyn and I journeyed to the pizza place for a late night pizza. We brought it back to eat and talk about life in Ecuador!

No comments:

Post a Comment