“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, March 17, 2013

Strong and courageous

It turned out silly, but I like it!
It was another Sunday morning filled with beautiful music. I had two favorites of the morning which were Abre Mis Ojos Oh Christo (Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord) and Dios Todo Poderoso (Revelation Song). The message was focused around Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I had an awesome time of prayer in church and know that God will continue to make me more courageous. In Christ I have nothing to worry about or fear, because God is in control. I have not mastered this by any means, but I have been set free of many worries that use to weigh me down and prayer for increased faith. At lunch I had the first real fake cheese sauce in two months! Macaroni and cheese topped with ketchup was a taste of home. I got to try a Canadian hard candy made with maple syrup too, it was a tasty treat. As soon as I had a full belly it was nap time. I for sure needed a nap, because I slept for a solid hour. I woke up refreshed and ready to visit the kids at Casa de Fe. Since there were people running some kind of program I got to hang out in the baby room which was exactly what I needed. I am blessed to spend so much time with the school aged kids and although I love baby time it gets pushed to the side during the week. I had a great time holding Lina/Elena and spending time with Telmo. Their little hearts blessed me a lot today! After a while I moseyed outside
She was so happy and giggling while I held her!
and hung out with the bigger kids in the front of the house, and eventually moved to the playground with the littler guys. Nayeli and Evelyn were sat in a yellow sled-like object together and I walked up to them pretending it was their house. I went along with it for a while and they seemed to think it was pretty great, they even had a pet "gatito" (kitten)! I value spending time outside of school with the kids, it gives me a chance to be goofy and joke around with them. It's not that I don't have fun at school, because I really do, but it is a different environment for them at the house on weekends and I like to be part of all aspects of life. It was a rainy walk back to the house from Casa de Fe, but I was literally soaking it in. I didn't have my raincoat with me which I knew was a gamble when I left for the day, but I enjoyed walking in and embracing the the rainfall. When I got back to the house I cleaned up, made supper, and spent an hour working on my Shutterfly book. It was a relaxing way to spend the evening before prayer. Prayer and worship was powerful tonight as we petitioned for baby Ruth. God has His mighty hands around her and knows what is best, but I know her life can be such a powerful testimony. God is the perfect healer and it is my plea she has time on earth to show His greatness. The Lord's ways are far greater than mine, but He hears every prayer and is faithful to answer them. When we were done praying and worshiping with the Casa de Fe staff it was time to fill water after procrastinating for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment