“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, March 28, 2013

You are the Messiah

The caterpiller train!
I rolled out of bed this morning and went to pick up keys for the school from Rick and Rebekah. They were heading out of town early, so I had to make sure I was there before they left! When I got home I spent time reading, did some cleaning around the house and laundry. The cleaning was mostly because we are hosting some of Megan's friends over the long weekend. I read Matthew 16:15&16, "Then he asked them, 'But who do you say I am?' Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.'" Jesus is the Savior of the world, He is the Son of God! I decided to go on a short walk around town and saw a Tia. She had the day off and was busy, so we chatted briefly and went on our ways. When I got home after my walk I had lunch and took a nap. I woke up ready to head up to Casa de Fe for the afternoon and hung out with the kiddos. When I got there most of them were napping, so I got keys from Jeff since I forgot mine at home and went up to the school to take out the garbage and stuff. Slowly but surely there were more kids out and about. I got my hair styled by Caila and Jeny, they all seem to like my curly "blonde" hair. After I had my new hair style I played American football with kids. I also tried to see if Jefficito would bring me the tennis ball instead of Wilson, they have a special bond, and we had a friendly competition trying to see who could get the ball from the dog. As I walked along the bike path, the kids were playing a game and I pretended to save them. After I saved them, all of the girls doggy-piled on me to thank me! There is a rope with a wood seat the kids were swinging on and I spent a while push a group of them too. Cheralyn and I took Nicol, Ruby, and Genesis out for dinner and a movie! We took them to eat at a burger place called "Fast Food" which was an interesting experience. They ate super slow and were fascinated by the one television in the restaurant. While we were eating Genesis dropped a french fry on the ground, picked it up off the floor, then dipped it in the community ahí dish. It was really entertaining to watch her do this! Since all the girls were cold Cheralyn and I gave them sweatshirts to wear and we joked about them beaing beautiful "vesidos" (dresses). Another carnival randomly showed up in town the other day so after eating we took them on a caterpillar train ride around town. They liked it and I certainly thought it was cool, so it was a ton of fun. It went up and down the main streets and was like an evening tour around town. As we walked from the carnival Genesis was holding one of my hands and Ruby the other. They were twisting me up in knots and spinning me in circles. Then they each walked on a different side of a pole, so I pretended to run in to it...they kept trying to run me in to things after that! Hearing them laugh on this walk was priceless! Before calling it a night we watched the Princess Diaries and ate popcorn with the girls. In the movie Mia quoted Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." That is powerful to remember, there have been many times in my life I've felt inferior to others. However, just because my talents and abilities are different it does not mean they are lower in rank or less important. I am thankful to be exactly the way I am, because I am unique. I had an awesome evening out on the town with Cheralyn, Ruby, Genesis, and Nicole!

No comments:

Post a Comment