“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, April 4, 2013

Called me heavenward

I sat by the window eating my cereal and watching people walk by for quite a while. I figured since I had the morning off I should take my time and enjoy the day. When I finished eating I got ready for the day, organized some stuff, and read before heading up to school! Philippians 3:10-14, "I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,  and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Every day I strive to be more like Christ in all that I do. I am not perfect, nowhere near it in fact, but I know that I am not where I used to be either, because God is constantly working in my life. My prize when my time here on Earth is done is an eternity in the presence of my Creator! Although what I accomplish or don't accomplish in this life does not affect where I will spend eternity, I hope that my whole life points to Jesus Christ, because I know He has saved me. When I arrived at Casa de Fe it was time for second and third grade gym class which consisted of soccer with Martin and Carlos. We played in the school hallway and they both thought it was pretty cool when I kicked the ball and it got stuck in the railings, goal for Miss Erica! The next class
Dance, dance!
was working on a dance routine with the oldest girls, they really enjoy dancing and it was a fun day with them. English went alright, they were all kind of late getting to class after lunch and weren't in the school mood, so it was tough to get them excited. In after school enrichment we watched a frog video about mathematics, the older group of kids like watching movies a lot. I hung out with the littlest kids for a while before heading home. On the walk back there was a clear view of all the mountains, which was awesome since they are usually hidden in the clouds. I got to see Sangay, the volcano, plain and clear too! When it came time for supper Cheralyn and I had french fries at the fried chicken place know as "KFC", they have a really good green dipping sauce! I went to Alexander's afterwards to get a strawberry ice cream treat and a little while later I went to market street to buy some apples for a treat tomorrow! I'm heading to bed early tonight, so I can keep getting better.


No comments:

Post a Comment