“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

His steadfast love

Marili being lead by Talia on the nature walk!
The first thing I saw on my walk up to the school was Martin falling on the path, but one of the maestros was to the rescue and took his hand to help. It was precious to see him help Martin walk the rest of the way and hear him encourage him the whole time! After morning exercises the sixth and seventh graders started off the school day by leading a nature walk. Everybody in pre-k, 1st, 4th, and 5th grade came along and we went up to the water cisterns. Along the way I ate fresh picked palmito (palm hearts) and caña de monte (bush cane), since we have so many kids from the jungle at Casa de Fe they all know just where to find the food. It is incredible how they can find these tasty treats along the way! When we got back from the the walk Cristofer came over to me, I picked him up, and he said "abrazo grande" (big hug)! He melts my heart, because he is quieter than the other kids, but says the cutest things. There were good apples at snack today which reconfirmed how much I want an apple tree someday. I went to the house to confirm a few things with Patti Sue and Cheralyn, then I found out about a Casa de Fe fun run on Saturday morning. I think the kids will have a ton of fun with this! When I got back up to the school I put stuff on new bookshelves until gym classes started. The fourth and fifth graders were working on a dance in gym class. When we were done practicing they went to play soccer and Anita ended up falling. Whenever I see these kids get hurt
View of "El Altar" mountain on our walk.
 my heart stops because I fear it will be bad, but they are valiant. She was pretty shaken up, so I picked her up and carried her over to the school to calm her down and clean up her cuts. My English girls were very respectful while they were doing their introductions and I was pleased, because we have been working on being good listeners for each other. After school Rebekah was playing the Glee soundtrack and I couldn't help dancing around. I have never really gotten in to the show, but the music is good and Martin thought my dancing was pretty great! Bible club went very well and as usual there was great message for the kids. Genesis sat on my lap and it was super encouraging to hear her talk about God! I love the faith kids have and the good they see, I pray for the hearts of these children because they are beautiful! When Bible Club was all done I met up with Renee so she could introduce me to Marco. She needs some help tutoring him for a few weeks and asked me to help. It was very nice to meet him and in the short amount of time I was there I'm already encouraged. God's hand on his life is incredible and his will to live and overcome challenges is amazing. I got home with just enough time to eat supper and head upstairs for our staff meeting. It was really long, but very good to share joys, struggles, accomplishments, and dreams for Casa de Fe. It really is an incredible body of people working for these kiddos at the orphanage! To close our meeting Psalm 100 was read, "Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. The meeting was over three hours by the time it was done and I was craving cereal, so I went on hunt for it afterwards. I knew I was being optimistic since it was late, but looked anyways only to find everything was closed. However, as I have mentioned many times before my upstairs neighbors are incredible and Tandy came downstairs to bring me box of cereal. They heard the gate open and heard of the failed attempt to find cereal so brought a box for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment