“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, April 12, 2013

Hunger for love

Viviana on theTeeter-totter!
This morning it was not the rooster that woke me up, but rather my neighbor blasting music at  6:45am. I was getting up anyways, but it was one of those moments I was thinking about how this would only happen here. My day at school began with an adventure to the park with the 2nd and 3rd graders. I've decided when I am not teaching a class I am the professional assistant. Whenever the teachers need help with an outing or other random things I'm the go to person and I love it! Getting to be a part of the kid's daily lives has blessed and challenged me in so many ways. It was a bright and hot morning at the park with these guys, but it was wonderful. I spent most of my time pushing them on the swings and helping them on and off the teeter-totter. I also got to go on the teeter-totter with Viviana which was a workout since I weigh a lot more than her! When we got back to the school the "Dia del Maestros" festivities began. The dance routine the oldest girls have been practicing in
Feliz Dia del Maestros!
gym class kicked off the celebration, then there were a bunch of games. First, Rebekah and I had to dance together holding a tomato in between our foreheads, it took a few times to get but once we did it was easy. Then I danced with broom, raced around students carrying an egg on a spoon, bobbed for apples, and whipped up an egg white until it would stay in the bowl upside down. Also, Marcela and I feed each other jello while we were blindfolded! It was an eventful afternoon. As the day progressed the Lord showed me more of my heart for those who are hurting. All of the kids at Casa de Fe have emotional scars, but as soon as I hear one of them crying I am instantly drawn to help them. One of the little boys in first grade was really sad and throwing a little tantrum. I kneeled down beside him and said, "estoy aqui, estas bien" (I was trying to say "I'm here, you're okay" and I think it translated correctly). Shortly after taking care of him Alondra was crying and I sat with her as she caught her breath, there wasn't anything I could do to make here feel better so I sat there and waited for the pain to pass. When she was doing better
Feeding each other jello! 
I made some silly faces at her which made her smile! The mothering instinct in me just want to let them know I am going to be there to care for them. Although I cannot keep the kids from falling down, I can be there to pick them up like my Heavenly Father has always done for me. Lunch was quiet since it was just Rick, Rebekah, and I, but it was very nice. My girls had another good day in English class and for the last ten minutes we celebrated Profesora Anita's birthday! All of the kids went up to Anita's classroom, we brought her in, then enjoyed cookies and each other's company. Library and after school cleaning went well, then I hung out at the house for a while before calling it a day. I enjoyed the weather by walking around town for a little bit before resting. I came across a quote by Mother Teresa, "The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread". Our hunger for love is so deeply rooted in us that it cannot just be removed, because God has beautifully designed us to love and be loved. As I allow the love of Christ work in my life I see more of His
Trying to whip an egg white into mouse by hand, it was
a race against Rick...we had some help from the kids!
presence and blessings be revealed in my life, it is a glorious continuous cycle! When I mustered up enough energy I made supper. By the time I was done eating it was almost 7, so I headed over to Rebekah's for a play reading. She is very talented when it comes to the arts and has done play readings in the past. A group of missionary teens, Shari, Jennifer, Cheralyn, Rebekah, and I got together to read The Secret Garden.












1 comment:

  1. Seems odd that today at the senior hlth Ctr 'the Fairmont' here in downtown Moorhead, where I volunteer....the show tonight is televised The Secret Garden....not the same I do not assume.

    ReplyDelete