“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nature of a servant

There was extended worship at church this morning, because the guest speaker was running behind. When they arrived he began speaking right away and it wasn't a big deal because it is very typical for people to be late. I still want to be punctual, but it is my prayer that when others are late I can keep the mentality I have here and just go with the flow. Johnathan sat by me in church today and he was busy reading books and coloring pictures. He wanted me to color too, so I drew him a little picture on his coloring page. When Dwight and Tandy got home from church they were heading out to lunch at Vista Hermosa. This restaurant has all glass windows to enjoy the great scenery, vista hermosa means beautiful view in English. Johnathan came down with Tandy and invited me to go, he calls me "Erta" which is adorable! I feel so well taken care of and loved, they have opened up their family to me and treat me like I am part of it! After standing outside to soak in a few rays I went back inside to take a short nap...it ended up being over an hour, but it was very nice. I woke up just in time for ultimate frisbee and although it was a smaller group of us it was awesome. We had about seven people on each team, so everybody got to be involved and I played well most of the time. Usually I prefer to frisbee golf because I can throw and am not very good at catching, but I but think I have gotten better and really enjoy the time I get to spend with the others at Ultimate. Once I got home I decided to venture to the withdraw money and after my second failed attempt today I called the number on my card and believe I got it taken care of (I hope). I had a little bit of time for supper, then I headed upstairs for prayer time with the Casa de Fe missionaries. It was only the Martin's, Freeeman's, and I so we were also a small group. It started raining very hard for the first time in five days while we were at this time of prayer and worship, but we continued on. It was hard to hear at times, but it was a beautiful time of reflection and worship. The song Sweetly Broken played while we were worshiping and that
My bilingual Bible and journal
really resonated with me. I hadn't listened to that song in a while, but a couple of years ago I would listen to it on repeat. Some of the lyrics are: "To the cross I look, to the cross I cling of its suffering I do drink, of its work I do sing. For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed showed that God is love and God is just. At the cross You beckon me, You draw me gently to my knees, and I am lost for words, so lost in love, I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered. What a priceless gift, undeserved life have I been given through Christ crucified. You've called me out of death, You've called me into life, and I was under Your wrath now through the cross I'm reconciled." Even when I am broken the Lord's love is overwhelming, I am lost in His perfect love for by it I have been reconciled. God has called me out of death because of the death and resurrection of Jesus, His death on the cross saved my soul. Philippians 2:5-8, "In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death — even death on a cross! Death on the cross was for criminals and although Christ was not, he bore this weight so that the whole world may have eternal life. I thank God for for the cross and at it I am sweetly broken, wholly surrendered.

No comments:

Post a Comment