“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reflects the heart

I woke up sick in the middle of the night a few times, yucky. I haven't been sick like that since right after my knee surgery from the anesthesia, but I am glad to say I'm feeling a bit better. I took the morning off to stay home sleep and eat some toast. I feel more like an adult, because this is the first time I have been sick and had to take care of myself. It was not very fun, but it is a part of growing up, I am incredibly grateful for my health. The walk to school was pretty brutal this afternoon since all I had eaten was two pieces of toast. Dwight and Tandy picked me up after I crossed the main bridge, so I didn't have to walk all the way up the hill. I was very thankful for this and Tandy gave me a pack of Saltine crackers! I made it to school just in time for my English class and my girls were awesome. I facilitated their group work, but thought it would be more productive for them to do activities in partners. As soon as school was over I got a ride home from Patti Sue, then napped for a few hours. I slept really well from 3:30 to 7:00pm, I felt good when I woke up just a little weak. I definately like my food so it was rough not being able to eat much. When I'm sick I am reminded to appreciate every moment, especially when I am healthy. Sickness is time to thank God for the His constant presence and perfect plan. If I didn't know what it felt like to be sick, I would not be able to appreciate being healthy as much as I do. The ability to walk, run, jump, play, laugh, and eat are gifts that can easily be taken for granted. May I learn to embrace these abilities more fully when I have them. Proverbs 27:19, "As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart.” I want every aspect of my life to reflect the heart God has given me. In sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in joy as well as in sorrow, God has promised to love and care for me unconditionally. I know the Lord is faithful at all times and I trust all He does, so it is my prayer that my heart and life reflect more of who He is. I got to Skype my parents and as always they know how to make me feel better even when we are thousands of miles apart! I thank God for technology and the ability to keep in such close contact with them. I also recieved some exciting baby news from the Mavis family. I had the pleasure of Skyping with them and was informed they are expecting a baby boy! For the record book, I was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment