“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Refresh your memory

Taking my girls out for an ice cream treat!
It was a fast walk to school since I was a little behind schedule, and I must have been moving quick because I made it with time to spare. I taught two art classes and both of them went very well, the kids seemed to like the activities I selected which is always reassuring. When Jhulissa was finished with her project she drew me a beautiful little picture, I was so thankful! After I was done with the art classes I had a bit of a break to read and take care of some office work before English with the little guys. Third grade English was awesome, they were happy, focused, attentive, and really excited about the stars they earned. They are quick to pick up on patterns and correct what they said wrong. My English girls were great too. They did an exceptional job following directions and listening to one another. I wanted to get my girls a little treat for my birthday and since it was rainy on my birthday today was the day for ice cream! When school was finished I walked them down to the house confirmed with a Tia that we were going in to town for a treat and we were off. Before getting ice cream they wanted to see where I lived so we walked by my house. I got them each a glass of water, which they chugged since they were so thirsty, and asked for more. Culturally they do not drink very much water here, so when they start having water sometimes they drink it in excess. While they had their second glass of water we danced to a couple of songs from chapel and I grabbed them some chocolate for the go. We picked up ice cream from Alexander's, then took it over to the park to eat. They loved their ice cream treat! I think they were a little overwhelmed by the selection, because they all ended up getting the same kind. Then it was time to play tag at the park, they played an intense game on the park and were enjoying every second of it. They were running, laughing, and hollering, it was so fun to watch. They long for quality time so much and I was thrilled I got to take my girls on this little excursion, I know I was blessed by this  time with them! I took them back up to the orphanage around 5:30 and got to walk home with Dwight & Freddy. I've really begun to understand a lot of Spanish, but sometimes when I speak it comes out all wrong. For example on the way home I noticed Freddy's backpack was open, tried to tell him, but what I said made no sense. Somehow he ended up understanding what I was getting at, but when I realized what I said I couldn't help but laugh because it came out something like, "Do you want that above", what I was actually trying to say was, "Do you want that zipped up". Learning a new language is a hard, humbling, yet very rewarding experience! I read more from 2 Peter 1:12-15, " So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things." I like this scripture because it clearly states the importance of refreshing of memories while we are here on Earth. Even when we are walking in God's truth it is important to look at His ways and be refreshed in them. As I strolled around town this evening I was extremely thankful for who God created me to be. It is too easy for us as people who desire to be in relationship to compromise who you are and what we believe to please somebody else. It is my prayer that I may stay true to who I am in Christ in all situation and for others do the same. This may mean I will have different opinions than friends and might disagree sometimes, but we are not meant to be exactly the same. I am as unique as each stars configuration in the sky, can you imagine how boring it would be to look up at the majestic night sky if every there was no variation in the size, shape, brightness, and formation of the stars?

No comments:

Post a Comment