“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, April 29, 2013

Porque el Señor es bueno

Sylvia gave me this fruit to try during
snack break, it was delicious!
Our morning workout and Brain Gym were moved inside due to a rainy morning. I guess we were a little spoiled here the past few days with clear sky and sun for miles! Each week we have a focus verse in both Spanish and English. The Spanish version of the verse of the week is Solmo 100:5, "Porque el Señor es bueno; Para siempre es Su misericordia,Y Su fidelidad por todas las generaciones." There is a girl who has been student teaching in Quito volunteering with us for a couple of days and it was great getting to work with her for a bit today. She is really sweet and it fun to talk about our experiences in Ecuador. In general the kiddos were in a great mood for Monday, sometimes it's tough to get them back in to school mode. This morning I found out the other gym teacher is quiting, this means I'm the only one. I think I'm ready, but more importantly the Lord doesn't give me more than I can handle, so here we go! I have to admit I am a little bit nervous about communicating with the little guys since my Spanish isn't perfect, but I know I will have a deep enough understanding to get me through. It will be a learning and stretching experience for sure. All of the teachers were scattered at lunch except for us missionaries, so we had a quiet lunch. From the looks of it at the beginning of English it was going to be a tough day, but I'm thrilled to say it wasn't. Although two of my girls came in emotional and on the verge of a shutdown I addressed the situation and asked it they could wait until after class to talk about it, sure enough a minute later they were fine! Another student had a little breakdown after school and I was able to talk to her and calm her down. I think all teachers need to expect the unexpected, you never know what burdens a child is dealing with on any given day and depending on what it is they will need to be cared for in different ways. The role of a teacher is so much more than a person who instructs a class, they are a crucial aspect of children's growth outside of classroom content. Every day we are given the opportunity to love and care for these special little
Estefania and I being after a busy school day!
people! There are days it is the hardest thing in the world, but at the end of each day I wouldn't trade it for any other profession. When library was finished it was time for school store which went really well. I will admit this was the first week I enjoyed it and wasn't frustrated. The kids love it, but until today I could not say the same. After everything was put away at the school I went down to the house to hang out with the kids. Most of them were outside, so I wandered around the bike trail and played with the kids. When I got home I did some baking for Nelly's birthday and the game night I'm going to tomorrow. The baking went great, however, I thought it would be a good idea to put the bag of milk in a bowl that was not tall enough to support it, but I took the risk anyways. When I opened up the fridge I found a bunch of spilt milk, but you know what they say "don't cry over spilled milk!" I made some gourmet eggs for supper, then lounged around before going to the market for my fruit and veggies. I saw lightning as I was starting off, so I was prepared to get rained on and sure enough right as I was buying my food the rain came pouring down. It was a wet walk back, but I don't mind getting caught in the rain! I thank the Lord for His wonderful ways and faithfulness through all of my feeling. My feelings don't dictate the truth, but God does and He is the truth, the way, and the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment