“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Singing to God

It's hard to keep the kids at Casa de Fe out of this area,
because they always want to look for creatures.
I enjoyed my eggs in the dinning room with the sun shinning through the window! This always makes me ready to take on the day and is such an answer to prayers, because early this year I dreamed about dancing in a sunny window. I knew this year would be one of growth and independence, but my dream and the growth I have experienced has gone far beyond what I envisioned! It was a fabulous walk to school today with fresh smells of the outdoors, nature sounds, and a light breeze on the walk to school. The kids had a blast at morning exercises, because some of the moves were new and I will admit pretty funny looking. The first gym class, with primero, consisted of soccer with Nila and Leah. While we were playing Nila touched a plant to show me how it would shrink back when she touched it. I was amazed, a bit shocked at first, and very intrigued! I had never seen what Rick called "shy grass" and thought it was so cool to see how this plant reacted to being touched. Inicial went on a walk for gym class, but we went along new road. We ended up by the cancha, but we took a gravel road on to our neighbors property, with permission of course. It is funny how I have been so close to this beautiful trail and never imagined how new and different it could be. There were many fruit trees, the river divided up in to many streams, then reconnected, it was very quaint. With the oldest girls we continued practicing their dance, they loved it and were very gracious when I didn't do the moves right. English class went very well again today and our butterfly came back to visit. If it is back tomorrow I may have to catch it and make it a class pet! I walked Martin down to the house this afternoon and although he didn't want to try at first, once he 
Carlos caught a frog!
got going he was moving along and even doing some little hops. When I was all done for the day I crossed a raging stream to get to the house where I watched a movie with the kiddos for a while. Since it rained really hard this afternoon they were all inside. Cheralyn and I stopped by Alexander's on the walk home. By the time I got back to the house there wasn't much time to spare before heading out to O Sole Mio's for my birthday supper round two! I got to celebrate with all of the missionary staff at Casa de Fe and couldn't have been more thankful for this group of people. Their prayers, encouragement, and constant support means a lot to me! I've always been told your birthday isn't over until your last celebration, so I had a super long birthday. After I got back from supper I got to look up at the stars in the night sky and see the big dipper (it was upside down). I went to the nearby bakery to pick up a couple of things before calling it a night. Before heading to bed I read some more from Colossians 3:15-17, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Don't forget to be grateful for what you have and don't have at this very moment. God has equipped you with everything you need at this very moment to give Him all of the glory. I have what I need because I have God, He is all I want!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment