“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, April 14, 2013

The hour has already come

I was able to take my time getting ready for church and enjoy the morning. The message at church was about water and whenever water is talked about I cannot help but think of clean, new, pure, and fresh beginnings. It was raining throughout the whole service and although it made hearing hard it was a symbol of being washed by the water. When I got home I made myself semi-homemade spaghetti for lunch and it was good, especially since I had been craving spaghetti! Then it was time to do a couple of chores such as filtering water for our kitchen supply. Thankfully I heard Dwight filling up theirs, so I could just went out there and he helped me. The family moving in to the house I live in now got a new router set up the other day, so our internet is great. I was able to update my Ipod and make a phone call to the states using a free app called Bobsled, it was pretty cool. I also have internet service at the dinning room table now, so I very much enjoy being able to sit there and work online. After a while I went to the market and bought some fruit. I had to search for a while to find good apples, but I was pleased to find them! I got the fruit cleaned up and put away right before walking to frisbee. There was a smaller group of us playing this week, but it was still a fun time.
Frisbee time!
I did a pretty good catching this week, usually I feel like I have butter fingers, but not this week! While I was walking home I stopped at the Freeman's for a little bit to try and find a recipe and although we weren't able to find it, I am determined to. The sun had just set as I continued my journey home and the clouds were really low tonight. I could see the mountain tops peaking over the top of the clouds as it continually drew darker. When I arrived home there wasn't much time before our Casa de Fe prayer meeting and I was pleased to find a special delivery from the Martin's. They made chicken jalapeno poppers with a barbecue/cream cheese stuffing wrapped in bacon and more bbq sauce. Yum! Staff prayer was only the Freeman's, Martin's and I, but it was incredible. Romans 13:11-12, "And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light." It was a vulnerable time of prayer and worship, this was exactly what I needed! When prayer was over, due to the group that was on a retreat taking a wrong turn, Cheralyn and I went over to Patti Sue's to babysit. We watched the end of Wall-e then it was time for all the kids to go to bed, so we hung out and chatted until she got home. We made it home just before the continuous rain started. Right as I was crawling in to bed the rain began and I fell asleep to the peaceful rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment