“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, April 26, 2013

The way to joy

It was another clear morning in Shell! As I went up to school I passed Genesis and her little brother walking together and laughing. They are adorable, then she decided to give him a piggy back ride the rest of the way. Seeing them made me miss my sissy! During chapel we sang Tu Amor hace Eco en Todo Mi Universo (Your love echoes throughout my universe) and learned actions to go along with it. It is a beautiful song about God's presence in each and every thing around us. While they were waiting to be dismissed in to their classrooms, Jhony was staring at me and made a bunch of funny faces! He is such a cute little guy. My prep time was spent getting started on series of flash cards for the school. It is a huge task, but when they are all done they will be really handy. First on the list is the introduction "hint" cards that will help one of my students a lot. She is very bright, but needs a little hint about what comes next. For snack today we got a choco banana and they were perfect, it was a frozen
Nila and Shayla enjoying snack time!
banana with chocolate and sprinkles, a nice cool treat for a hot day. Gym class consisted of soccer for all the classes. I joined in the game with the oldest girls to step up the competition and it was a good, they were having fun in class which was great. We had a big chicken lunch with rice and beans at school, I have to admit I like eating chicken with Ecuadorians because they choose the bony parts of the chicken. A few months ago it was interesting to learn that many people here want the chicken feet and parts I would never consider eating. It was a  reality check to see how different my idea of what was the best meat to eat was. In English class I was able to tell which students were actually participating and the ones that were only moving their lips. Even when I wasn't looking at them I have learned what it sounds like to have them all participating and can pick out their voices in a group. I have been able to do that for a while, but today they seemed to be taking turns not participating and I was able to recognize who is was, look at them while teaching, and they would rejoin the group without me stopping! When school was all done Rebekah, Paola, and I went up in the the jungle to chop caña de montaña (mountain cane). Rebekah is planning on making a pie with it tomorrow and I got to help cut some down. When we went back to clean it all of the kids were very interested, but they just wanted to eat it so we had to explain what it was for. After a long day at school I headed home and stopped by Birgit's to talk about the adoption celebration for her kids tomorrow. She made me a milkshake to drink while we chatted and it was nice to see her place and hear about her excitement for the party. When I got home the first things I did was put on some comfy clothes and relaxed before the evening festivities started. Before supper I experimented with sauteing some veggies and I have to say they turned out pretty good, then I went upstairs to eat pizza and salad from Italy with the Martin's. We ate outside on their deck since it was so beautiful out! When we were done I went with to pick up a group of boys from Casa de Fe for a movie night. We watched Madagascar 3 (in Spanish) it must be a great movie, because even though there was a lot of dialect that I missed I thought it was great. Now I will just have to watch it again in English! Martin, Gilmar, Carlos, Joel, Boris, Geovani, and Alejo got to play for a while before it was time to head back to Casa. It was priceless to see them dressing up, playing in the castle, and pretending to be doctors! The pure and simple joy of kids is beautiful! Before going to bed I read Psalm 19:7-9 from the Message Bible, "The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together. The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road. The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy. The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes. God’s reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee. The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree." God makes known the plan for my life and holds it together in His perfect way. The Lord is the only way to joy and perpetual peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment