“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, April 19, 2013

Wonderful light

The second & third grade class at Casa de Fe!
It was picture day and I have to say I was rather excited! They started off by taking a picture of the whole school, then separated the kids by class to take individual shots and a class photo. I helped shuffle the kids across the little stream, because that is where the nice background was. It was a different start to the day, but an important milestone for the school year, for better or worse we all remember picture days! Rick's class of second and third graders I subbed for did fairly well today. They were a little bit stubborn, but once I got them on track they did well. There was one little girl who shutdown and started hitting any and everything around her for no reason. I did everything in my power to calm her down, but nothing seemed to be working. It was driving me crazy that nothing seemed to be helping and although I know she was acting out to get attention she would not respond. I know God held me together, because I was at a loss. Thankfully she came back to participating with the class and seemed to be doing well, these kids hunger for attention and I pray to serve them well. Although I am only a small part of their lives it is my hope that God's love is so present they see more of Him while I'm with them. My English class went well, I decided to try a new reward system of earning ten minutes of "Friday Fun" this week and I think I'll stick with it because it worked. I locked up the school and was trying to head out right at three o'clock, but it didn't go quite as planned. One of the students forgot her homework and came running back up to the school, but her room was locked and I didn't have a key. I did get a set of keys from somebody, but in the process of figuring out how to fix the problem I a cut on my finger. I wanted to blame it one somebody else, but the truth is I wasn't being careful or paying close enough attention. 1 Peter 2:9-12, "But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. 'Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy.' Dear friends, I warn you as 'temporary residents and foreigners' to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they
Supper with the girls in Puyo!
will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world." God has called all of us into wonderful light and we are His. I am constantly reminded of my need for Him and seek more of the Lord's perfect love. After a busy week at school I walked down to the dique from work to sit by the river. It was SO very peaceful reading and laying by the river listening to the water rush by. For the first time since being here I was totally resting in the Lord and not feeling like there was something else I needed to be doing, I wasn't distracted. The sun was shinning and I felt so filled up and restored! I ran to the market to pick up ingredients in order to make my roommate a goodbye treat and after going a couple of places I found what I was looking for. I arrived home to some rat excitement and we were quickly off to supper to stay away from our unwelcome visitor. Tandy, Tracy, Cheralyn, Johnathan, and I went to Puyo for supper and dessert. We enjoyed burgers from Krusty's then went to Nice Cream for some dessert. It was a great evening out and I am glad to have such wonderful friends here. Tracy dropped us off at the house, Cheralyn and I grabbed stuff to take upstairs and we had a sleepover at Tandy's! It was really great, we watched Here Comes the Boom, drank smoothies, and just had a grand old time. When the movie was done we chatted for a while before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment