“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, May 20, 2013

Awake my soul and sing

Parachute fun, so fun!
I slept a little bit better last night, but the street noise seems louder in this house since it is filled with tile. Also, I noticed I was having trouble falling asleep, because it was too dark. Am I afraid of the dark? As of right now I would have to say yes, I got so used to sleeping in a fairly bright room even when my overhead light was off and now it is completely dark! I woke up bright and early  to enjoy a relaxing morning. It was a wet and rainy walk to school and I  ran in to a Tia along the way. When I made it to school I was pretty warm, but after I cooled down from the walk I got rather cold because I was really wet from the rain. It continued to rain most of the morning, but eventually I dried off. I wasn't sure if my gym activity was going to work due to the rain, however, I was thrilled when I went to the house to get a sheet of some sort as a substitute and came back to the school with a real mini parachute! It worked out wonderfully combining the pre-k and first grade gym classes to continue the parachute unit. It was pretty wild again, but the kids did better than the first day so we're making progress! They just get so excited about it that they don't want to wait their turn, these little guys are cute. I had to go back down to the house to get a couple more snacks since there were not enough for all of us. I was able to communicate clearly and get the extra snacks we needed, although I may have explained it in a roundabout way the Tia understood! She did not comment on my Spanish, but others have complimented me on my improvement in the past couple of weeks. I know I don't speak perfectly and I still have a lot to learn, but it is encouraging to know I am doing well with the language. God is good and has definitely been answering my prayers for an understanding of Spanish! I enjoyed a nice packed lunch before going down to my English classroom, my class went pretty well today. They all like to hide in different places around the room before class and see if I can find them or notice they're there, my girls are too funny! Everything went smooth with school store, it is great having them color their pictures upstairs right next to the store. I like how they are all done with their homework and are able to come over whenever their name is called. After walking home from work I stopped by Tandy's to pick up a few things for our house and it was nice being able to chat with her! I heard the song Awakening by Chris Tomlin on my way out and it was exactly what I needed to hear. The lyrics are: "In our hearts, Lord, in this nation awakening. Holy Spirit, we desire awakening. For You and You alone awake my soul, awake my soul and sing. For the world You love, Your will be done, let Your will be done in me. In Your presence, in Your power, awakening. For this moment, for this hour, awakening. For You and You alone awake my soul, awake my soul and sing. For the world You love, Your will be done, let Your will be done in me. Like the rising sun that shines from the darkness comes a light, I hear Your voice and this is my awakening." God is constantly awakening my soul to His perfect presence, peace, and power! I continue to see how His plan is perfect, although there are unexpected turns, new ways, and different beginnings it is all beautiful! I enjoyed some cereal for supper, then went to the bakery to pick up tomorrow's lunch before an early bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment