“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, May 13, 2013

Blessed in what they do

I went to the bakery first thing this morning to pick up food for breakfast and lunch. As I was approaching the bakery nearest my house I was nervous it wasn't open, but I am pleased to say it was. After eating breakfast, getting ready, and packing lunch I was off to school. In chapel this morning Rebekah and I did a little skit to show the kids what is looks like to be hearers and doers of God's word. The verse of the week is James 1:22-25, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do." I know it was a great message for the kids and although the reemphasizing of the message was cut short due to rain, I think they got a lot out of it! My first gym class of the day was pre-k and it went well. It took a little bit to get them all involved in the activity, but once they were it was awesome. Snack break was filled with kids jumping all over me, I sat on the steps and that is what usually happens. My other two gym classes were pretty tough today, but that's okay. I had the opportunity to talk to the older student after school and when I ran in to some of the little guys later they were doing much better. I love how quickly kids can bounce back from a hard morning, I know I can learn a lot form how they move forward! One of my English students came to class crying, so I got the other girls set up on an activity and went outside to find out what was wrong. She didn't really want to talk about it, but I know it had to do with missing her family. This is an ever present struggle for these kids, they long so much to belong and be cared for in ways only a parent can and today after talking to her mom this young lady was hurting. I didn't have much for words and neither did she, but she new I was there for her and that was all that mattered. I was relieved when the school day was done, because it was a really hard day for me. I thank God for His goodness in the good and bad days, He know how much we can handle and never leaves us to conquer the day on our own. God's

Rosa and I eating some Mickos ice cream!
knows I needed a day changer and that is exactly what He provided after school. While I was fulfilling my librarian duties Thalia expectantly walked in to the library came up to give me a hug and was back on her way, she has no idea how much this seemingly small gustier meant to me! Also, during after school store Boris and Edison were picking out pictures at the same time during school store. Long story short Boris picked out a picture and Edison grabbed it because he thought it was for him. I signed to him the picture was for Boris and like a great friend he handed it to him, then gave him a side hug, love is shown in so many different ways and is invaluable! I stopped by the house to see the before my walk home and they are always precious, it was a nice way to end my day at Casa de Fe. I knew I would be going home to a house filled with a family moving in and everything moved around, what I didn't realize is I will be moving out tomorrow. Honestly I was stressing about it at first, but there is nothing I can do about it so I need to start and finish packing up my stuff after supper with the team. As soon as I got home I got cleaned up and went with Patti Sue, Rosa, and the team to "La Hacienda". Rosa and I took a group of the team members on the city bus and arrived shortly behind the other group. I enjoyed all the meat on my parallida and my potatoes covered in the homemade mayo, the food was awesome and so was that mayo! We all stopped at Miko's on the way back, then I stayed to be a part of the team's devotions. I picked up groceries on my walk home, then began packing up my stuff as soon as I was home for the night. I got a bit overwhelmed, not in a bad way but the reality of moving, my time winding down, and change is intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment