“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Do not judge

Quiet time with the Martin's, I knew it was going to be a good day because I went out to the living room after I woke up to read my Bible and they were all sitting in their reading their Bibles. It was such a glorious way to start my day! This is defiantly something I dream of doing if I am blessed with a family someday. It was such a great family time and I have missed that a lot since being away from home! While I was reading drank coffee with cinnamon, hazelnut coffeemate, and milk. I've been reading more from Matthew 7:1-5, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." God continues to examine my heart and purify me, He has not asked me to place judgement on myself or others, but rather align my ways with His will. When I have corrected my ways, then I may help those around me, however, I must seek Him in my own life first. My life is not about comparing myself to others whether it be in regard to accomplishments, appearance, or sins, but it is about seeking God more! Comparison can easily creep in, but the Lord does not compare us to others so neither should we, each and every one of us is unique and beautiful! I had breakfast with Johnathan before going off to work. Chapel consisted of our morning exercises, a few rehearsals for the art show coming up, and prayer. Then I had a big block of time before my classes to plan, facilitate library with 2nd and 3rd grade, and have a little dance party with 4th graders
The 4th graders working hard to prepare for
the art show at the end of the month!
at the end of their art class. They have been working hard to prepare cardboard props for the show and had a few down minutes. Anita and I practiced the tango, she got a kick out of my great dance skills and Rebekah and I were planning some new dance moves for one of the songs! During snack break I played frisbee and jumped rope with the kiddos. Gym classes went very well, even when we had very limited space they made the best out of the situations. The military was doing some type of training and a couple of large groups of solders came out of the jungle in their full gear. When I first saw them I was a bit alarmed, I had never seen them do this before, so my first instinct was something bad happened or was going to happen. I am pleased to say that was not the case and all was fine. My English girls did great and after school library was smooth. When it came time for Bible Club the truck had a full load, so I walked with Abigail and Thalia. We decided to kind of race the truck and beat them across the bridge and thought it would be fun to run up the big hill. We made it all the way up, but needed to take a little break when we did! Although the message was good, I was kind of dozing off a little it is usually near nap time when we are getting there and this week I struggled to focus. Outdoor play after the message went well and while we were outside we saw a bull on the loose. It was on the hospital grounds, which are right across the street, and it seemed pretty riled up. When the hospital security guard went towards it to check out the situation the bull started chasing him and he had to make a break for it to get inside! After Bible Club I went over to the hospital to see how baby Noemia was doing, since she is very malnourished and hasn't really improved since being at  Casa de Fe they took her to get checked up on. As soon as I got home Johnathan was at the gate to greet me, talk about a lovely welcome home. I dropped off my stuff really quick, then jumped in the van to join the team for the evening. We picked up arroz con pollo from one lady, empanadas from another, then went over to the guest house to enjoy a delicious supper. It was followed by good toffee, Tango cookies, and oreos! Dwight and Tandy set the stage for the small group discussion before we broke out in to our groups. I was part of a group that shared how God was working and very vulnerable. As soon as I was sharing  about the kids and how I have been challenged, but incredibly blessed I lost it. My initial instinct was to just cut it off, but I continued sharing because you never know how the Lord can use those moments of being real with others. This life is not about me, there is so much more to it than serving myself. My purpose in life is serving God and allowing Him to work in the lives of others through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment