“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Earnestly seek Him

I never get sick of the kids running up to me and giving me a big hug. It is always a wonderful way for me to start the day! I got to tutor little Maria on the Spanish alphabet and numbers this morning and I loved it. I love the one on one time tutoring offers and I am thankful I got to work with her and see where she is at this morning. A first grade boy that just stole my heart had a break down today and was having a crying fit today. Since I can recognize his cry from a mile away, I walked down to help bring him up to the library so he could calm down. After talking to him I started walking up the stairs smiled at him and he walked up to me quickly, grabbed my hand, and willing walked in to the library and laid his head down to rest. It is moments like this that make me love my job even more! Seriously, I am honored to have a job that can touch the hearts of kids. As a teacher I have the opportunity to spend time with kids every day and I get to help shape their lives. Although some days it is the hardest job in the world and my patience may run thin, at the end of every day I thank God for another opportunity to care for, love, and mold young lives! During break time I played soccer with a whole bunch of kids and enjoyed a fried empanada when I was done. Gym class with primero was good and the second & third grade class was great too. Two of the second grade girls thought their classmates were cheating (trampear), but they were able to get over it eventually. Sometimes it is hard to tell if things are in or out of bounds, because we don't have a well groomed court to play on. The fourth and fifth graders did awesome in class again, they have been doing such a great job participating! We lost power at the school for a few hours today, it's not unusual to lose power, but usually it isn't for as long. Thankfully my lunch didn't require electricity or I would have been really hungry. After school I helped gather up some cleaning materials for the school before leaving. Yesterday was spent scrubbing walls and today sucking up some bugs and spider webs was going to take place with the ShopVac. Before heading off to Bible Club I stopped at the house to say goodbye to the Tias. I like how I have gotten to know them, one of the Tias likes to tease me a little bit which reminds me of time with my relatives, I feel right at home. I was incredibly grateful for the time of worship
Construction at the soccer field.
at Bible Club, I was on door duty so I got to stand by the door and worship from the back. I was able to sing along undistracted, feel the gentle breeze, and rest in God's presence. I had run in to one of the worship leaders last night while I was running errands and he was looking for a missing little girl that attends Bible Club. I am glad to say she was found safe and sound with her doggy and was at Bible Club worshiping this afternoon. Our focus verse was Hebrews 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." I walked past the construction of the bleachers at Shell's soccer field and saw a lot of progress. The last contractor started the project years ago, but ran off with the money before it was finished and it sat their unfinished for a long time. Now they are making progress and it should be finished and look great in no time. I stopped by the Despendida (going away party) for one of the families in town and it was great to see so many families gathered to celebrate their time in Ecuador. The missionary community here is so special! Then I got some groceries and grabbed ice cream for the way home! I was able to spend the rest of the night relaxing and catching up on some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment