“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, May 5, 2013

Go and make disciples of all nations

It was a rainy morning, so after I got all ready for church I ended up being late trying to wait for the rain to stop. Even though the rain didn't really let up I thought it was time to tough it out! Since I arrived late I was just going to stand in the very back where there were no chairs, but the sweet older man that works the sound system brought me one anyways. It was incredibly kind of him to go out of his way to get me a chair. Before leaving the church three people gave a very short testimony, then we were off to the Sacha Runa river for their baptisms. I was thankful for this opportunity to be a part of this process here and feel very blessed to see how God is working here in Ecuador. Matthew 28:18-20 says, "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am
Volleyball at the Nate Saint Cancha!
with you always, to the very end of the age." Baptism is a symbol in the lives of those who trust in Jesus Christ and was beautiful to witness this morning. I am unceasingly grateful for the power of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in my life. God is active and alive, even when it is hard to see He is ever present and working for the good of His people. After church I got to chat with Miriam for a little while, we walked around town and ran some errands. It was lovely getting to know her and hear more about her story. Then I got to out to lunch with Tracey, Lydia, Shari, and AJ at Alexander's, it was really tasty. Not only was I thankful to be invited, but Tracey treated us to lunch! I wandered around town to find a good place to read and ended up finding a spot in the shade on a little bench around a tree. There are tons of them in the median on the way to Casa de Fe, so that is where I sat and read until I was tired. I enjoy reading, but I always get sleepy and when I got tired I went back home and laid outside on the lawn chair. This may come as a surprise, but I ended up falling asleep for quite a while! I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the volleyball game we planned over lunch. I walked over to the Nate Saint cancha to help set up the net and slowly enough people came to have a six on six match it was great. Pizza and salad from Italy's followed by a dessert called tres leches was a great way to wrap up the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment