“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, May 2, 2013

God is already there

Even though it was my morning off, I got up early because I want to rebuild my routine of getting up at six every morning. I like being up with the sunrise and enjoyed a couple bowls of cereal while the sun tried to peek through the clouds. I didn't leave the house until a couple hours later and that was to walk to the ATM to get some money at last, but the machine was broken. At first it felt like another failed attempt, but I picked up my pancito con queso (bread with cheese) on the way home. All of the bread smells from the pastelerĂ­as (bakeries) were filling the streets. There are a ton of bakery's lining "market street" and I like it a lot! Overall it was a productive and restful morning before going to the school. I went up a bit earlier than I have on other Thursday's to prep, and I got to enjoyed snack time too. When it was time for gym class I spent a lot of time in the second and third grade hour teaching them what is expected. In general the younger kids here have a ton of energy and not much guidance for classroom behavior, don't get me wrong their teacher is great it is just part of how things are. I think some of the kids struggle to channel their energy productively, so I am working on it with them and what better place than Physical Education! Class with the oldest girls went incredibly smooth, at first it was going suspiciously well because it was a great of a day of teaching them! English class

I love the girls in my English class!
was awesome too, not only were they doing a great job listening and participating, but they all got 10/10 on their letter "Tt" tests! I was pretty drained by the end of the day, so I was tired during after school enrichment. I made it through without falling asleep, but there were a few moments I wasn't so sure I would. I stopped by Patti Sue's this evening and saw my soon-to-be room all set up. Then before calling it a night I watched The Impossible, talk about a heart wrenching. It was really hard to watch and I was tense most of the time, but it was good anyway. It is easy for me to get distracted about what is coming, but I don't need to worry about tomorrow because God is already there! In any and every situation no matter how hopeful or hopeless it may seem we can find comfort because God is in control. There are countless verse to turn to for encouragement, because Jesus walked the earth and knows the turbulence we will face. John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment