“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

His good, pleasing and perfect will

I've decided to start getting up earlier than usual, I like mornings and want to embrace them even more! I read Romans 12:2, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." We are called to continuously renew our minds in order to seek God's will for our lives. Sometimes it is clear to see the path He has laid out for me, other times there are different ways that are equally good, and on occasion it is hard for me to distinguish where He is leading. In all situations I keep seeking His good, pleasing and perfect will for my life, because God's ways are far greater than mine! My Heavenly Father know me better, cares for me more, and loves me far beyond what I can fathom, my life is in His hands. On the walk to school I was able to stop by the river. The sun's reflection on the water caused the ripples from the current to glimmer, it made the water look like it was dancing! Martin and I crossed paths and he asked for help walking up to school which is cool in and of itself, because he was taking initiative to walk there. Today was the other gym teacher's last day, so it is time to embrace the transition. I wasn't expecting it to happen today, but I'm learning to be ready for anything. I feel like she dropped the ball on this and it is happening really fast, but the Lord will give me strength to love and care for these kids well. The gym classes went well today which proves He is in control. On the way down to the cancha Jeny held my arm and I knew everything would be okay with the transition, I know it will be a challenge, but it is going to be good. My girls were awesome in English class! They have really begun to understand what is appropriate behavior in my class and the feeling of unity within the classroom continues to improve. I try to use different words to tell them when they do something really well and they really liked my word choice today. They got a kick out of the way I was saying "awesome", because they started saying it in the same voice as me! After library, cleaning, and refilling soap, I join in enrichment time. The school cleared out really fast today and only two of the students stayed after, but it was fun. Rick taught us all how to do a magic trick with two short pencils, so I was entertained with that for a long time. When the end of the work day rolled around the volunteer and I went to get ice cream from Alexander's and sat in the park. I got caught in another downpour, so when I got home I put on some dry clothes, gathered my treats and was off to Tracey's house. Tracey, Tandy, Jenny, Jennifer, Shari, and I had a potluck supper and games! It was the ultimate ladies night. We played "Sour Apples to Apples" and "Would you Rather", there were so many laughs with these great women!

No comments:

Post a Comment