“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, May 10, 2013

His soul with God


Maribel singing the song she wrote during chapel!
I enjoyed a sunrise breakfast and came across this quote from Circle Maker while I was eating, "I remember how as I looked at people with a love God gave, they looked back and acted as though they wanted to go with me. I felt then that for a day I saw a little of that marvelous pull that Jesus had as He walked along the road day after day 'God-intoxicated' and radiant with the endless communion of His soul with God." When we look, speak, and act in the ways the Lord is calling us great things will be accomplished. Loving unconditionally and selflessly caring for others just as Jesus did will captivate people. It is in the times we honestly seek to be more like Him that we will capture attention and bring others walk along with us. God fills our souls with His radiant and unexplainable love! I ran in to Jason and Leah as they were leaving their house and walked up to school with them, we beat everybody else there. Following morning exercise, Maribel sang a song she has been working on in her piano lessons. She did a great job! This morning I spent time prepping for gym classes, eating snack with the kids, and meeting Joel & Jess. It was a busy morning, but a great morning. P.E. classes went well too; soccer with the second and third graders was a hit, frisbee with the oldest girls went great, and basketball with fourth and fifth grade was pretty good. They aren't really in to basketball, so I might have to cut this unit short, but they are talented! My English today was awesome! It was the best class I have ever taught and was super energizing. Right when my students came in the door I could tell one was on the verge of a breakdown and I started off the class with a lot of energy to see if we could turn her day around. I am unbelievably grateful to say it worked, the whole time in class they stuck with me, were excited, and ready to learn. I love teaching! When we were done cleaning and closing up the school, I went down to hang out with the toddlers outside. Shortly after being there one of them was having a little tantrum, I'm not sure what happened but I held him until he calmed down. Sometimes the smallest thing can happen to these kids and the tailspin into a crying fit because they just want to be loved. They don't have parents to nurture and care for them in the ways they long for, often times I see signs of how desperately they need to be loved when they fall or have a small injury. I was leaving Casa de Fe at the same time as one of the Tia's and got to walk and talk with her on our way in to town, it was great! Along the way she grabbed my arm and hid from the sun in my shadow, since I am so much taller than her I was a good source for shade. She is really sweet and I thank God for the knowledge and understanding of the Spanish language I am developing! When I arrived home I went up to talk to Tandy and got to catch up with her for a while, I sure did miss them while they were gone. She gave me the order from the team so I got ready, dropped off the order, then walked around until the team arrived at Johnny's. I was excited to host the team and am glad to say all went well, I was able to communicate and everything went smooth. Once everyone finished eating I helped them buy fruit at the market and got ice cream too. Note to self, the Magnum Gold ice cream is the best! I went to get some food for tomorrow and while I was going I looked up at the night stars and all I could say was wow, they were brilliant! I spent the rest of the evening taking it easy, then was off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment