“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, May 26, 2013

I kneel before the Father

I ate a little breakfast before getting ready and walking to church. There was some great music at the beginning of church and based on what I was able to follow the message was good too! I hung out and chatted with a group of people after church for quite a while leaving. I like spending time with people and getting to know them, so whenever there is an opportunity I enjoy learning more about them. On the way home I took a detour to pick up some second breakfast, it consisted of a chocolate swirled roll and a doughnut. I toasted the roll and topped it off with cinnamon sugar, it was great. I spent a while having a quiet time and read Ephesians 3:14-21, "For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." This was such great scripture to stumble upon and I couldn't have found better encouragement for the day if I had been searching for it! God is the holder of all glorious riches and sent His precious Son so that we may live. It is through Him I have been given strength, even in my weakest moments the comfort of the Lord has surpassed all understanding. When I gave God my heart I became rooted in love and
Bienvenidos a Shell de Nieva Blanco!
(Welcome to Shell from Snow White)
it is my prayer that I may continue to see the immeasurable extent of His love for me. After a while I made lunch, relaxed, and semi-accidentally took a nap, but it was great! When I woke up it wasn't long before Jocelyn and I walked to the frisbee field. We walked by the great Bienvenidos a Shell (Welcome to Shell) sign, which you probably would have never guessed, it Nieva Blanco (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs). It was a small group of us playing frisbee this week, but it was fun getting to be actively involved and everybody got to participate! We walked home and stopped to pick up ranch dressing for salads and my lunch roll for tomorrow. There wasn't much time to spare, so right when we got home we started cleaning the vegetables, chopping them up, and got right to eating. The ranch dressing from Italy's makes all food a little better! A bit before 7:30 Jocelyn and I walked over to Dwight and Tandy's for prayer, it's was weird not being able to just mosey on up from downstairs, but it was definitely worth it. I cherish my time in Ecuador, I know this is exactly where God wanted me right now and I am continually encouraged by our Sunday nights praying together. We had great fellowship, worship music, and a time of prayer. I am unbelievably thankful for their constant prayer over my life and the transitions that are drawing ever nearer. The song that I couldn't get enough of tonight was Hungry by Kathryn Scott: "Hungry, I come to you for I know You satisfy. I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry. So I wait for you, so I wait for You, I’m falling on my knees offering all of me, Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for. Broken, I run to You for Your arms are open wide. I am weary, but I know Your touch restores my life. So I wait for you, so I wait for You, I’m falling on my knees offering all of me, Jesus, You’re all this heart is living for!" This was exactly what I needed to hear, sometimes I try to fill my hunger for more of Jesus with other things, but nothing else can satisfy. The deep longing in each an every one of our hearts is for more of Him, it is my prayer that we may all seek Him more!

No comments:

Post a Comment