“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, May 30, 2013

I will give you rest

Javier cleaning up the school grounds
and all the little guys following along!
I didn't take most of my morning off, because I knew there was lots to get done for the art show, but I did take my time getting to school. Most of my morning consisted of cleaning shelves, making posters, and helping any where it was needed. I got to look at all the classrooms and the kids were so proud, since these were projects they had invested in and you could tell they felt accomplished. There was constantly somebody grabbing my hand to show me their room, especially the second and third graders! It was great to see them all so excited about the art they made and how they were presenting their classroom. There were no regular classes today, but during the English class time after lunch all of the kids fourth grade and up were practicing for their tours. They will be presenting the masterpieces in all of the rooms tomorrow and will be guiding them around from room to room. They did a great job even though they were a bit wound up, because they are excited. I went down to the house with Stephanie after school to cut up fruit for the fruit salad that is being served tomorrow. While we were busy working the kids in the toddler room were walking outside to play, as they left the pineapple was being cut up and Samuel caught sight of it and couldn't turn his eyes away. He started saying, "piña, piña, piña, piña, piña, piña, piña, piña..." and walking backwards so he could keep watching us cut it up. Since he was walking backwards, I could see that he was going to walk in to the door and sure enough a few seconds after I said that he did. He was just fine and it broke his focus on the food, but it was funny to see how intrigued he was. Cleaning, cutting, chopping, and mixing a whole bunch of fruit is what I was busy with for quite a while. I enjoyed helping Steph and we had a couple of other helpers too! I got to do a little sewing repair on a pair of shorts before heading back up to the school and tying up loose ends for the art show. After finishing everything at the school I went back to the house to say hello to the toddlers and there was Ronald rolling along on a scooter with a towel tucked in to his shirt. I knew immediately that he was a superhero and I came to find out he was Superman, he is so adorable! The next set of exciting news from the house was Wilson and Javier catching a beautiful bird. They are such jungle boys it is crazy! They
Look at the pretty bird Wilson and Javier caught!
were telling me they saw it, lured it in with a orito (a mini banana), and caught it with Wilson's shirt. When I crossed their path they had it in a big cage and were admiring their work, the continue to impress me with their nature skills. I walked home by myself today and saw a subtle rainbow right as I was sitting down to rest at the dique, I like the afternoon rains because there have been tons of pretty rainbows. I love walking by the Joy's house and getting to catch up with them for a few minutes most days, it is always a nice addition to my journey home. It started sprinkling on me a little, but there was a clear rainbow and a faint double rainbow. It was great! Got home and did a little stretching workout with Jocelyn, cleaned up, and enjoyed supper at home due to it raining really hard. I went to bed really early last night, but woke up several times due to the house phone ringing, my cell phone ringing, and somebody hollering in the street late at night. I didn't get quite as much sleep as I had hoped for since I went to bed so early, but at least I tried! Exodus 33:14, "And He (Jesus) said, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'" No matter how tired, worn out, and sleepy I am, there is rest in the Lord and I will cling to Him always!

No comments:

Post a Comment