“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, May 27, 2013

Justified by His grace

It was a sunny morning in Shell and I was excited, since there hasn't been one in a while. When I arrived at Casa de Fe I saw Martin making his way up to the school all on his own, he was rockin' it! He made it 2/3 of the way completely on his own, then needed some help from me, but for the most part he made it by himself! The chapel skit was about goodness starring Professor Mantis, Robot Rick, and Miss Erica. The kids really seem to enjoy our skits and I like improving for the kids, so it is a lot of fun. The verse for the Week is Titus 3:1-7, "Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life." I thank God for His gentleness and the ways He guides me through life, He is rich in mercy! When I got into the pre-k classroom they were finishing up a painting activity, so as the kids finished I was able to start the warm up activity with them and it worked very well.
We have a pet snake at the school, sorry mom don't look!
I was able to get them set up in pairs and get them started in groups of two, so they were able to focus better! They had a great day in gym class. On the other hand, my first graders were very distracted. There were people coming and going throughout the gym class and I could not keep their attention, hopefully tomorrow is better. I started a new unit with my 4th and 5th graders and they did such an awesome job, they were excited, motivated, hard working, focused, and having
fun! Before I knew it, it was time for lunch where enjoyed a delicious dessert of strawberries and coffee with sweet and condensed milk. The girls in my English class were all pumped up, they did a great job. When I was writing the calendar on the board they started counting the ordinal numbers all on their own, I was a very proud teacher! I like teaching this small group of girls so much. After school I watched the kids play with the school snake for a while, then all of us teachers were busy preparing rooms for our art open house on Friday. I hung up a bunch of art projects around rooms and took down bulletin boards. When it was time to head home I filled up some water jugs to bring home and was off. On the way I saw little girls playing on homemade skis. They were pulling each other along the sidewalk on two liter coke bottles and strings, it was so creative. I had just enough time to clean up and go to Johnny's with Jocelyn to meet up with some girls that used to missionaries here. We ran in to them at the bakery on our way home from frisbee yesterday and I asked them if we could meet up sometime while they were here. I was glad to hear from them and we were able to meet up
Ashley, Kim, and Barbara, they are our new friends!
tonight! After great conversation over supper we stopped by Alexander's for ice cream, then went to their grandma's house to chat some more. Mika's grandma is the lady who makes arroz con pollo for the teams that volunteer at Casa de Fe, I like small town connections! It was such a blessing to hear about their faith, how the Lord has led them, and how the Lord continues to lead them. God knew that was the encouragement I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment