“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kingdom of heaven

Mattthew 18:1-4, "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, 'Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?' And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, 'Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'" God is an incredible God and loves his children! I spent the morning finishing packing up my house and moving stuff up to Dwight and Tandy's. They are letting me stay with them for a few days until my new roommate comes and I am beyond thankful. I was a little hesitant about moving to a new area of town and they graciously took me in! When I headed up to school I had a little bit of time to gather my ideas for the combined inicial and primero gym class. Today was the day for the big parachute! I had been wanting to play with the jumbo parachute, every kindergartners gym class favorite, but didn't know when would be a good time. Since I had to move this morning I pushed back a gym class to combine them, there was no better opportunity, and Joel was here to help me. The kids loved it, they got so excited they didn't always want to listen to instructions, but they were getting the hang of it towards the end of class! Before going to class with the 6th and 7th graders I was getting my watch ready since I finally had one and it broke. I had almost gotten to use it. Gym class with the oldest girls went well, then we had a teachers meeting over lunch. I had time to grab a banana and my chai tea out of the freezer, but the meeting ended up lasting right up to my English class and was still going on when I left. My girls had a great day! They were excited, working hard, and their English sounded really great. It is so rewarding seeing how much fun they can have learning. When class was done the meeting was still going on, therefore library and after school programs were cancelled for the day. As soon as it was done I was filled in on what I missed at the meeting and continued organizing. I went down to the bodega to see if I could get some super glue to fix my watch and at that time there wasn't  anybody there to help me, but I found Nayeli standing outside scratching at her head and crying. She has a big bump on her head that looks like a tumor and it was heartbreaking to see her in so much pain, there was nothing I could do to heal her, but I was trying to calm her down.
Geovanny and I hanging out after school!
I was asking her a some questions and showing her some things, then I asked her, "Hija de Dios, si?" (daughter of God, yes?) and she responded confidently with "si"! That was exactly the reassurance that I needed for her precious little life, I know the Lord is taking care of her and it was my hope she could understand it too. The unbelievable trust, the pure joy, simple truths, and great love show by children is magnificent. Kids are such a beautiful example of God's love and how He calls us to believe in Him. When I made it to my temporary home with the Martin's I spent some time reading LeapFrog books with Johnathan before heading over to the guest house with them for supper with the team. I have to say they are a great family to live with! We got everything set up for supper, then ate pizza, salad, and oreos with the team. When we were done eating we split up in to small groups for a devotional time. My group had a good discussion, then everybody came together and we were hanging out and some worship songs! It really was great! It was pretty late when we got home, so I got ready for bed and was off to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment