“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, May 31, 2013

Our innermost thoughts and desires

Casa de Fe Annual Art Show 2013!
I arrived at my usual time, 8 o'clock, even though it didn't start until 9:30 in order to help however I was needed. There's nothing like some last minute preparations, the biggest thing was hanging up the welcome sign. I helped tie it around the columns inbetween the Ecuadorian flag and Christian flag. I felt very united as teachers today! It was especially wonderful since was a period of time that was tense for some of them, I really think we worked together and did a great job. It was fun to see visitors coming up to the school to see what we put together and the kids were doing a great job. There were down times throughout the day, but there was never a dull moment. In those free times I got to talk with the teachers, dance around with the kids, and replenish the snacks. There was always something to do. The kids had
I love my job and coworkers, Nube, Nelly, and Sylvia!
several performances during the day, every time they got more confident and better. They did awesome! I ate a random array of foods for lunch and drank a surprisingly perfectly slushy coffee, even though I forgot it in the freezer. Before the afternoon session began we were all joking around in the teachers lounge about the icing and I couldn't stop laughing. Shortly after getting back in the swing of things with the tours Jocelyn and I walked to get the a post art show treat at Alexander's. We got a big box of ice cream bars and Israel picked us up on the way back. I'm sure that helped keep the ice cream more frozen, because it was a beautiful afternoon. It's crazy to think I woke up to a thunderstorm during the night and it turned in to a great day, God is good and definitely provided great weather for this special day. It was awesome to see how much the kids
The 6th and 7th graders performing to "Every Move I Make"!
were enjoying this time; they were walking around the school, having fun, and enjoying the company. By the end of the day, at 5 o'clock, they were getting antsy and started trying to find different things to do...they thought it was pretty exciting to chase me around, so that is exactly what they did. I love these kids SO much! After a group effort of cleaning up the school it was pretty late and incredibly peaceful. I was one of the very last people to leave and was really enjoying the still, tranquil, and different feel at the school. I am very used to the hustle and bustle, but it was great to soak in the new scenery as the sun was setting in the mountains. Once I was done at the school I went down to the house and I don't know how to describe it, but it too felt like a different place. Not in a good or bad way, it was just unique being there as the kids were settling down for the evening. On the walk back in to town Jocelyn and I picked up a couple of pops
Veronica, Caila, and Maria were having fun chasing Miss
Edeeka around after the Art Show!
before going to supper at Patti Sue's house. On the street right next to her house there was a group of people playing EcoVolley in the street, they had set us a net and were having a good ol' time. Patti Sue made a delicious supper consisting of teriyaki chicken, pitas with sauteed vegetable and feta cheese, and Greek salad with red & yellow peppers, olives, onions, and cheese! It was so delicious, I hadn't had food that flavorful in a long time. When we all finished eating I colored for a bit, then curled up on the couch to watch a movie with the girls. It was so great hanging out with them, it was exactly what I needed. The Lord is good and know exactly how our hearts need to be filled up, I thank Him for the time I got to spend with Patti Sue, Rosa, Marcia, Julisa, and Marible tonight. Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires." He knows even the smallest wants, needs, and desires we have, God is quick to show us His love and speak to our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment