“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rainbow in the clouds

I woke up at my usual time on a work day and knew I would have a peaceful morning. I was going to enjoy this time of day with a walk, but as I was going out the door it started to drizzle and I was much less motivated. However, I felt a push to go so I reluctantly began walking and when I got to the end of my street there was a big rainbow! It wasn't just any rainbow though, as I stood there and watched it there were areas of it that were triple thick, and if you looked hard you could see a separate one above it, but it was very faint. I was super blessed seeing this and thank God for His beautiful creation! Genesis 9:12-16,

At the waterfall, I'm signing
"thank you" to Edison!
"And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.'" This promise God has made is one of many, His faithfulness is unexplainable and His goodness too great to measure! This rainbow reminded me of the renewal of His promises. After making breakfast I walked to Casa de Fe and paired kids with their volunteer, it all went well. I was with Edison, a young boy who is deaf, and when I was showing him that we were partners he understood. As soon as I sat down beside him he put his arm around me and was giving me a hug, he is so wonderful. Once we were all set to go we walked down the hill and across the dique bridge, loaded up the bus, and were off to "Hola Vista". The hike up to the waterfall was beautiful, then we arrived at the cascada (waterfall) and it was wonderful. It was falling from about a hundred feet above us and was incredible. Our group spent time swimming around and enjoying the beauty, I had a blast hanging out with Edison and swimming under the waterfall with the older girls. They are all like little fish! Edison was falling all over the place on the way out, but made it without any injuries. At one point that he totally fell backwards, but thankfully I was right behind him and caught him. We enjoyed a picnic lunch at the entrance sight before heading back. When we arrived at the orphanage I stayed to supervise the team and hang out with the kids. Although I was tired, I know it is a special opportunity and a great time for everyone to be together. As I was leaving Kuka wandered and was off picking grass, because she really enjoys it, and I waited decided
Tandy and I eating ice cream
 after supper with the team!
to wait for her and watch her while until she came back. She wouldn't listen to me and I felt myself getting impatient, but as soon as I noticed it I started praying for patients and was just fine. Before I knew it she was ready to come and get her snack and was heading to the Tia. God is good! After I got all cleaned up, I headed to the phone place to get some money on my cell phone. Some of the small, mundane tasks feel like huge accomplishments to me and I'm grateful for those simple victories. Since I am challenging myself when it comes to the language I have been able to grow and learn a lot every day! In reality the task may be minuscule, but I thank God for every accomplishment. Shortly after getting back I went with the Martin's and the team out to supper at O Sole Mio's, but before eating we stopped at the Balsawood store. I finally made it there successfully and I found a couple of items to buy. I enjoyed a delicious calzone with pineapple juice followed by a sweet and condensed milk and mango and ice cream cone. It was a busy and wonderful day.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment