“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, May 6, 2013

The eyes of the Lord

I had to go to the bakery to get some eggs for my breakfast this morning, but I had plenty of time. I Caramelized some onions to mix in with my eggs and I thought it was yummy! When I was done eating and getting ready it was school time. During chapel what it means to be faithful was discussed. Proverbs 15:2, "The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." The Lord eyes watch over us at all times, when we are faithful and when we are not, yet He loves us the same and this is a beautiful truth I am eternally grateful for. I think the kids get a lot out of the skits and it is a fun way for them to better understand the content being presented. After chapel Cristofer was looking at the moles on my arms and asked me, "Que paso?" (what happened?). He was concerned that all of the moles on my arms was not normal since they don't have many if any. He is a little cutie pie! In pre-k gym class it was a zoo. I just stood there for a couple of minutes part way through and wanted to let them do whatever they wanted, because they wouldn't listen. As soon as one kid was doing what they were supposed to, another one was running off in a different direction. Finally, at the end of the hour class kind of got going how it was supposed to, it was at least the general idea! During snack break Rebekah and I swung the jump rope for a bunch of the kiddos and sang them classic songs to jump. Then it was time for first
Viviana drinking some water out of a mug at
the school store, she is so cute!
grade gym and it went good. They did a good job listening and were very responsive to instruction. Physical Education classes got progressively better during the day and I was thrilled with how it went for my fourth and fifth graders. They did a great job with basketball skill building and had a good attitude the whole time. After finishing the drills they wanted to do more and when class was done and I told them we needed to go back for lunch they didn't want class to end! It was an awesome day teaching that bunch of kids. Since I had trouble finding all of the ingredients for my lunch on the walk up to Casa de Fe, my dining was sparse. I did have food so it wasn't a problem, but I thought for sure I would find what I needed along the way and didn't. I was excited for English and my girls didn't let me down. I feel like they have really gained an understanding of what our class time looks like, what I expect of them, and most recently are working well together. I have really seen their relationships with each other grow since being here! Also, before English class started today the girls gave me their school pictures and I was SO overjoyed to recieve them. They are my first group of students and I am blessed by them through the joys and struggles every single day. These kids tug at my heart strings and I cannot  even begin to explain the care and concern I have for them. Library cleared out quickly again today, then I went to the house for school store with the second and third graders. Since the teachers have started doing a homework time right after lunch the school store/enrichment time has greatly improved! When I got home after work I was very hungry and decided to attempt breading and frying zucchini. My aunt made really good fried zucchini once and I was craving that, but it wasn't good at all. I ended up eating a random assortment of foods after that to fill me up, then went out and about on a hunt for a mango and cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment