“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wisdom will enter your heart

Today's scripture was inspired by one of the older girls at Casa de Fe! The other day she had written the verse Proverbios 2:10, "Porque la sabiduría entrará en tu corazón, y el conocimiento será grato a tu alma." I knew it had to knowledge and decided to look deeper into this scripture, it is beautiful and full of wisdom! Proverbs 2:1-11, "My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding— indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." It is directly from the Lord that knowledge comes and it is His great wisdom I want more of. God's knowledge goes far beyond an understanding of something, because it reaches from our minds and sinks deep into our hearts. It is His perfect understanding that guards me and gives my soul peace. My alarm clock is no longer the roosters in Shell, but the dog choir! After rolling out of bed I made myself some breakfast, lounged around, then walked over to the Freeman's house. As I was walking by the park Jason and the
Water balloon fight!
young girls were playing at the park, so I stopped to chat and ended up walking the rest of the way with them since they were heading that way too. When I first arrived the older girls were busy coloring and I watched them for a while before going downstairs to start sewing. The Freeman girls have apron kits and I was going to help them with some sewing, but right as we were getting started there were no scissors. Eventually we tried to use kitchen sheers because they were the only ones in the house, however, they weren't cutting well. After calling around and not being able to get a hold of any we decided to postponed this activity. I am hoping there is enough time to try it again, I feel like time is passing by so fast it will be gone before I know it. I ended up hanging out at their house for the rest of the morning and chatting with Stephanie, this was such a blessing. The Lord knows what we need and when we need it, her good company was wonderful! Right before lunch Joel and Duvi were filling up water balloons and I got to participate in their water activities. I had a rain poncho on and didn't really get wet, but it was a blast running around with Abi, Anna, Ainsleigh, Joel, and Duvi! It has been a while since I've participated in a water fight and my aim was a bit off, in fact, I don't think any of the water balloons I threw actually hit anybody! I would like to have another one and hopefully I can hit my targets. I helped heat up some food and got to eat with everybody before going to the market and SuperTia's in Puyo. There was a group of us missionaries that piled out of
The market in Puyo.
the truck and picked up some fresh fruit. Rebekah bought a couple of interesting sounding foods at the market, they were both wrapped in leaves. The first one was humitas which was steamed and salty, the other was quimbolitos which was sweet. I was pleasantly surprised by how good both of them were! Once we returned home Jeff came in to check out the water heater we have been having trouble with. It should be and if not, I think we know how to get to work. Yay for hot water! A little while later we were having problems with the washing machine and Jeff was nearby, so he stopped over and helped us again. I am incredibly grateful for the help. I went grocery shopping and extended errands with a walk around town. I like exploring and people watching by walking a lot. I ended up running in to Joel and was able to say goodbye to him, I also saw Marco at a program. I was curious as to what the program was about and while I was standing at the gate watching the boy I tutored came over to me and we were able to catch up since we weren't able to meet the last two weeks. I walked from the fruit stand by the military base, near the Coliseo, and down to the dique. There were lots of people at the dique, but not as many as I was expecting for a nice Saturday afternoon. As I walked back up the big hill I passed a boy with special needs. Immediately I felt my heart be drawn to Him, because God has given people with special needs a big place in my heart! It was wonderful to see him surrounded by a family taking good care of him, I continued walking up the hill with the Lord's peace and joy for this young man's life. When I got home I made myself some supper, worked on my laundry, and got ready for bed. Around 7:30 it started to pour and I sat on our tiny covered porch to listen to the rain. The area was just barely big enough to stay out of the rain and since the wind was blowing the mist hit me as I sat in a chair praying and thanking God. I am amazed without ceasing at how He continues to draw me closer and reveals more of His heart. When the Lord looks at me I am His precious daughter, He doesn't notice my frizzy hair, the scars from my knee surgery, bug bites, my farmers tan, and smelly feet...He sees my heart. The same goes for everybody, God is not concerned with how we appear, but with how we seek Him. He cares about our hearts and wants to bless us so much, but we must first give God our hearts and allow Him to fill each longing in this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment