“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, June 6, 2013

Abounding in love

Genesis being goonie during
snack break at school!
I had the morning off, so I slept in a little bit to rest up from a busy week. I lounged around the house for a while, did some work, then headed up to Casa de Fe. It was beautiful walk to school filled with sunshine and the commotion of working people. I arrived at school just in time for snack break and got to hang out with the kiddos before getting in to more work at the school right away. I got the birthday board up for this month and a bunch of random tasks done, it was a productive morning. When it came time for gym class, second and third grade had a great day. For the most part the students have perfected the exercises, they know what to expect and can feel successful while we are doing them! My English class was incredible, I walked in to the room to find a beautiful message on the board and they were all pumped up for every activity. They were working hard and doing the best they could, it was a total 180 from the past few days. My heart was so filled with joy, the Lord knew I need a new day and it was far better than I could have hoped for! I was busy doing gym inventory and running errands between the school and house. I walked Martin down to the house after he was done doing his extra work (he got in trouble in one of his other classes) and he did pretty much everything by himself!  I would stand five feet away and have him walk to me, although it is a little tricky with all of the rocks he did a great job! In fact, there were times that he would shoo me father away, because he wanted to walk farther. When I went down to the house I met up with the new group of volunteers and after a minor miss communication I was able to go out to supper with them. We went out to supper with them at Abuelos, they crossed the street to grab some Mickos. It was great way of getting to know them! I am very thankful for the people God leads to Casa de Fe, I pray He continues to move in people's hearts and brings them here to serve these children. The bonds formed at Casa de Fe are very

The girls in my English "Inglish" class had this one the board when I
 walked in to class today, it warmed my heart SO much!
special and unique. When we have time together we can relate to what others are going through, help build them up, and support them. We hopped on the bus back to Shell and I went to the grocery store with Molly, Heidi, and Mike, then made my way over to the despendida for the Joy's, Allison's, and Shari. It was a wild time with all the families and kids, that started with a round of "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader", then a time of fellowship with good cupcakes and great friends! I walked Sharon, the wonderful leader from Bible Club home, picked up some apples, then continued home. I got rained on while I was walking home and buying some food on market street, but I didn't mind. I had my umbrella, so I popped that on an trudged through the rain. Psalm 103:8-12, "The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."



No comments:

Post a Comment