“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, June 5, 2013

He is jealous from me

I went on a walk this morning and was hunting for some milk, it wasn't successful. Don't get me wrong I found a lot of milk, but it was whole milk...not exactly what I would want on a bowl of cereal! We sang great songs in chapel this morning which is always a great way to start my day, I love starting the school day with some good music. Seeing all the little kids singing and dancing to the worship music warms my heart. This morning I had my prep time and office work, while I was working there were a couple of kids tested for colorblindness. We decided they seem fine, but it is hard to tell sometimes since they are behind academically it can be hard to determine what they should be seeing. Nevertheless, the colorblindness testing system with pictures within the picture is pretty incredible. Before I knew it, it was library time with the second and third graders. After they all go their books I read a bilingual story to the 2nd and 3rd graders which they loved! Of course they all wanted to sit on my lad to read the story, but I'm not big enough for that. It is times like these I wish there were more of me, so they could all sit on my lap. I would read the English, then all of us read the Spanish together. Gym classes went fairly well this morning, but it was another long day in English class. Although they were more engaged in the activities, there was some tension among the girls that I had to address. I sure hope there is more improvement tomorrow! When school was done, I hung out at the house for a little bit before Bible Club. While I was there I got a special delivery from one of the girls handing out the Tias homemade Popsicles, yum! Bible Club was good, while I was there I kept singing How He Loves by David Crowder. This tells of the depth of the Lords perfect love: "He is jealous from me, loves like a hurricane, I am a treeBending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me. And oh, how He loves us, oh, oh, how He loves us, how He loves us all. And we are His portion and He is our prize drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes, if His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way, oh, how He loves us, oh, oh, how He loves us, how He loves all." When Bible Club was all done I headed strait over to Marco's house to tutor him in English. I love feeling connected to the community and getting to know his family through my brief interactions has been great. He is a very bright and driven young boy, I am inspired by his willingness to work and ambition to better himself. I stopped at home to freshen up, then Jocelyn and I went over to Dwight and Tandy's for supper. Dwight had picked up Johnny's, we ate, then watched tv with Tandy and Johnathan. It was a relaxing evening filled with watching great dancers! James 3:13&14, " Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth." I found this scripture and am really thankful for the ways God has bee teaching me about how to deal with frustrations. It is easy to deny feelings of bitterness, jealousy, and selfishness, but the Lord asks us to look inside our hearts and give those feelings to Him. May my service be done in humility to Glorify God! James 3:16-18, "For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness." The Lord has so many blessings to pour out when we seek Him first, not the approval and attention of others. Christ has made us perfect, whole, and blameless in the sight of God, no one else, but Him alone. I pray that God reminds me of this when I seek for worth and approval from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment