“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Put off your old self

I took a zig-zag route around town on my walk, it was nice by some new scenery. I crossed the big suspension bridge in the middle of town and it was so peaceful at this time in the morning. After getting all ready I was off to school, my walks to school are such a great time to reflect and this morning was particularly great! When I got started with gym classes Primero did a very nice job. For the first time in a while it felt like we were all working together to be on task, the last few days I felt like they were taking turns running off. It is all part of the job, but I was thrilled to have them all working together today. Also, the Pre-k class had the best day ever! They seriously did so well, after warm up drills and stretches we played a chasing game and they loved it! They would have to run to the store, then I (the monster) would sneak in to the store and
Just a couple of the toddlers after school!
they would have to run home. It was such an awesome experience to chase them and hear them giggling non-stop! My English class went very well, I think they will to great on their last letter test this week and their final next week. They are picking up on patterns so quickly now and I look forward to see how they continue to learn. One of my students told me that her and her siblings get to go back home and live with their mom starting this summer. My heart is so filled with joy for them being reunited with their family, but I sure will miss their smiling faces! They are some of our super knowledgeable jungle kids. God has been reminded me more and more the past couple of weeks how ever changing Casa de Fe is. I thank the Lord for bringing families back together and pray He continues to do so or makes the kids adoptable, because they will just thrive in families! Library and after school enrichment where a bit chaotic, but the kids were having a blast, because they got to finish watching a cartoon they were drawing in art class. When my work day was all done I went down to the house to hang out with the little guys at the house. The toddlers were making me eat some delicious sand food, I was a sandbox chef when I was a little girl so it was fun to see how much fun they were having. Making feasts out of sand, sticks, leaves, and rocks at daycare are some of my most vivid childhood memories. As I was heading home Genesis and some of the other kiddos were making clay. They had their little workshops set up on a piece of wood, were kneading their mud, and adding water to make it the right consistency! Genesis let me play with some of hers, it was pretty fun and they were so cute with their muddy hands. After work I sat by the dique and journaled. I've been having a bit of an emotional day, so I was very thankful for this time to reflect and write down some of my thoughts. I walked straight to Johnny's 
Some Ecuadorian football and my
favorite Maracuya juice!
from the dique to watch Ecuador's soccer game against Argentina. I went up to my favorite spot and ordered a Maracuya juice. It was tied one to one when I got to start watching and they didn't score again, but watching the second half of the game by myself was the perfect way to end my day! After a while Jenny and her girls joined me at Johnny's and the Shell possy showed up too, it was Sam's last night so they were all hanging out. I went to the Coliseo to dance for a while on my way home and there were new instructors again, but they were good. Walking home I passed many stands selling food on the street, smoke filled the air with the aroma of what they were cooking! It smelt so yummy. I went to get some food for tomorrow a bit later and couldn't believe how many friends I came across on my way home from dance, then again when I went to the market! My identity and worth in every situation is in Christ alone! Colossians 3:1-4, "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Ephesians 4:21-24, "When you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." God has given me a new attitude in Him, He is the one after my heart and seeks to draw me closer. It is my prayer that my heart may grower closer to the Divine Creator and perfect Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment