“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, June 17, 2013

Strong and courageous

As I walked around town the sunrise was picturesque, there were little breaks in the pink clouds and rays shinning through! There were also big orange clouds just high enough over the mountains to see the colors being reflected on them. It was so beautiful! When I arrived to school this morning I asked the teacher whose daughter has been very sick how she is doing and am very happy to share that she is doing better. God is good! This morning we did another skit about staying focused and working hard, so we put on a little skit. The kids loved that I was playing the role of Jacob and had a wonderful paper facial hair cutout taped on my face. Then Rick walked out dressed as a girl and they couldn't get enough! Despite the silliness of being dressed up the kids were really able to grasp the dedication exemplified in our skit. I had to start letting go of my role at the school today which was way harder than I anticipated. It humbling to know things will function just fine without me, I know that I have been helpful, but it is important to realize the school does not depend on me. There were times today that I was feeling down about being replaced, but it is all part of the process. Gym class with Inicial went fairly well, none of them wanted to do the warm up activities, but once we started playing "lobo" they were all in and interested! In no time it was snack break and there were a bunch of different activities happening all at once, soccer, jump rope, and kids running around in every direction! Gym class
Frixon and I hanging out!
with Primero was good and 4th and 5th grade was awesome too! We played soccer in the fourth and fifth grade class, it was boys verses girls and they beat us at the last minute. It was a great last day in class with them! I started making myself a first year of teaching tree, it is different than anybody else's that I have seen, but it is unique and I like it! I cut out leaves on scrapbooking paper and am having the kids I teach write their names on them to add to a tree, I hope it turns out! I had to dismiss myself from English class while we were doing our daily flashcards, because I could tell I was going to start crying. This practice drill is something we had done every day since I started and today was the last day, it has become such a habitat I don't have to think about out...which is when I realized it was the last time and almost broke down. I stepped out of the room for a moment and came back just fine, ready to get them started on a project while I tested them one at a time. After school library was very slow, and school store went well. Today flew by and although up and down emotionally it was a great day! When school store was finished, I took down the pictures I hung at my desk and headed back down to the house to hang out with the kiddos. I started in the baby room, then headed outside to be with the bigger kids! Since it was Jeff's birthday today, the maestros threw a little surprise party at the orphanage. I'm so glad I was still at Casa de Fe this evening, because it was a blast hiding in the kitchen area with the staff. When he walked in to the kitchen we all jumped up with the cake, sang, then instead of shoving his face in the cake it was kind of launched at him, but it was a success! I love that cake in the face is a not only a tradition in Ecuador, but that we eat the cake after it's been in their face. It doesn't make sense to waste cake, even though it wasn't my favorite the frosting was pretty good! It was hard to leave today knowing that I only have one day left. I chatted in Spanish on the walk home and ran in to the older girls
Jeff about to get his face shoved in cake!

coming home from Bible study. After cleaning up and resting for a little bit, Jocelyn and I went to pick up Abby (a new volunteer). The three of us got on the bus to Abuelos to enjoy supper with Heidi, Molly, Mike, Jess, and the team! I enjoyed the yummy green sauce one more time, and Heidi graciously paid for my meal. Heidi has such a kind, humble, and beautiful heart! The food adventure ended with me running over to Mickos to get ice cream before it closed. It was really special that they had the Mora y Maracuya, because it was the first ice cream I had from there and now it was my last. It was a great evening with the summer volunteers at Casa de Fe! Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." As I begin to close the chapter on this experience, God is preparing me for a new one. The Lord is always working things together for my good, He has given me a heart that longs to know Him more and every life experience has been designed to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment