“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, June 7, 2013

There are many parts, but one body

I started off my day walking with Jenny Joy, she is such a blessing! It was a rainy morning and birds chirping along they way, it was a beautiful. The walk to work was cold and wet, but I managed to make it there mostly dry. I thank the Lord for constantly humbling my heart to speak His words and love even when it is hard. I sat at my desk and planned for my last week of English classes and cannot even believe it. It is a nice feeling to have all the planning finished, but it feels unreal. Before I knew it, it was snack break and I showed the pre-k kids my Spiderman socks. They thought my socks were really cool and wanted to show me all of their cartoon clothes too, SO hilarious! I continued working right up until my first gym class, but as I worked I got to see some of the kids flip book sketches. Rick started a new art lesson and Anita's book was awesome, now I want to make one too. My first class were the second and third graders and they did a great job. They had another fantastic day of warm up stretches and exercises before beginning the game. I am so proud of them and how quickly they have picked up on our routine. It was a tough day in gym for the 6th and 7th graders and I thought it was going to be for were really tough for 4th and 5th, but I am thrilled to say they had a good class. I thought they were going to shutdown as a whole since the plans for class changed a little bit, but they were able to come back after a little pep talk and did great!  Since it rained through the night and until 11:30 this morning the river in between Casa de Fe and the dique was flooded, so we couldn't cross it and had to play our sports on the rocky ground in front of the school. After lunch my
The Joy's!
English girls were having a top secret preparation time in the room. Caila, Diana, and Paola wrote Evelyn a kind message and cut out pictures from a magazine, because they knew we were celebrating her birthday at the end of class! I was so grateful for their kind gesture and love they showed Evelyn and we were celebrating her birthday. Rick and Rebekah saved the day with extra ice cream treats since I forgot to bring mine! My back up plan was cutting up the apple I had packed with my lunch, so ice cream was a much better option. We wrapped things up, cleaned the school, and headed down to the house fairly quickly to take off for Ecoparque! While I was down in the house Thalia gave me a big hug and apologized for not listening in class, I was incredibly thankful. Since I have been at Casa de Fe, I've caught a glimpse of the love my parents have for me. I love these kiddos a lot, even when they are really angry with me and won't listen. As hard as it is to admit I was not the perfect child even though I did my best to listen and obey, I definitely fell short, but my never stopped loving me. I thank my Creator God for giving me parents that love me without limits. Their unconditional love has shown me glimpses of the
Rick and Rebekah!
The Martin's!
Lord's perfect love. At 3:30 we were off to Ecoparque and spent time swimming, playing volleyball, and swinging on the tight ropes with Rosa, Marcia, and Maribel. We would stand two on one side and two on the other and swing back and forth, it was the highlight of swimming! When all of us gathered around the table it was awesome to see how we were able to serve the Lord at Casa de Fe. 1 Corinthians 12:12-19, "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—
The Freeman's!
and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body." After supper we took a whole bunch of silly pictures and hung out, I was having a blast dressing up with this group, they are a hoot! To conclude the evening some of us went to the Joy's to play "Mexican Train", eat brownies, ice cream, and drink coffee until really late. The Martin's and the Joy's are wonderful to spend time with, I had so much fun today!





No comments:

Post a Comment