“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, June 1, 2014

Abide in Him

The Children's program
This morning I went to Puyo to check out the Waodani church. The service started around 9 with worship and in between each of the messages we got to sing which I really liked! The song selection was great and I got to see and hear some Waodani words through a couple of them. One of the three messages was about John 15:9-12 " As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." Abiding (as defined by google) is to accept or act in accordance with, comply with, obey, observe, follow, keep to, hold to, conform to, adhere to, stick to, stand by, uphold, heed, accept, go along with, acknowledge,
Cheralyn and I with the Mother's Day gift
We got on Friday!
or respect. There is nothing I want more than abiding in God's perfect plan and although it is not always easy I hold fast to His ways. At the end of the service the Sunday school group of kids performed head shoulders knees and toes, I loved it! Their trilingual performance reminded me of the end of the day classes I used to take in elementary school. They also had children and parents play a Minute-to-win-it game since it was "the day of the child". I left early, a bit before noon, because I had to get back to help with the team going to the waterfall. I ate really quick, then headed up to Casa de Fe with Cheralyn. Although I thought we were right on time, we ended up being quite early so we hung out upstairs and had a great talk. Once I was paired up with my buddy Yajaira for the day we walked to the bus on the other side of the bridge, because the bridge is far to small to allow a bus to pass. On the way to "Hola Vida" Yajaira fell asleep in my arms, she is so precious and has a smile that instantly melts your heart. It was SO much fun to spend the day with her and the other 18 kids from Casa de Fe that went. They are all such troopers on the trail, though it is wet, muddy, rocky, and fully of tree roots they walk on
Yajaira, Boris, and I at the waterfall!
without complaint. Honestly, at times I could  hardly keep up with some of them! The waterfall and swimming hole was beautiful! It was more powerful than I remembered, but it may have been like that last time or could be from all the rain we have had the last couple of days! Upon returning back to Shell, the whole group walked the kids back up to the house and said goodbye for the day. It was pretty late by the time we got home, I got to end the day with supper and prayer at the Hayes! Also, Christy concocted a donut recipe that looks and smells delicious, you can't beat late night cooking! It was a such a blessing to end the day with praises for the week and prayer for what is to come, the Lord is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment