“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, June 14, 2014

Eternally Rich

Some of the missionary ladies with the birthday girl! Happy Quincenera!
It is Quincenera day, so there was no time to waste. Christy and I started bright and early by going to the flower shop to get the much anticipated greenery. We spent the whole morning working on the arrangements. Since the roses, buttons, and babies breath all came in large groupings we started by clearing the stems and prepping them. When all the flowers were ready to be arranged, we separated them by colors and began the pretty arrangements! It was a lot of fun to arrange them, who knows maybe I'll be a florist someday! We made a quick trip to Puyo for last minute supplies, then finished up decorating before going home to get ready. The party started at 3pm with a short procession where the birthday girl in her fancy dress is revealed! There was an introduction, then the Quincenera's first pair of high heals were put on her feet. It is a very important step in to womanhood in Ecuador when the young woman gets her high heels. When her shoes were on the dance with her father figures, the missionary men and workers at Casa de Fe, took place. The festivities end with pictures, then a large social with food! As I was observing the crowd during this time the kids that are alone always jump out at me. Here and in all places there are certain children that tend to be more secluded from groups and it breaks my heart. All people are God's beautiful creation. At some level all of us know what it feels like to be the one left out or cast aside, knowing that feeling and seeing it happen to kids breaks my heart. It is my prayer for all people to feel loved and cared for, even when loneliness sneaks in the Lord is with us and will always come through. We long to be cared for and accepted by others, but in the times we are let down or crushed God has a plan. I know do not see everything that happens nor do I understand everything these kids are going through, but if there is anything in my power to show God's love to these beautiful children I want to be a part of it. Isaiah 61:1, "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners". The Lord has given me eyes to see like He does and it is my great privilege to serve those who need love and attention. God does not take care of us based on how many friends we have or how nice we look on any given day His love and
Patti Sue, Geidi, and I!
care is UNCONTITIONAL. In Christ we are RICH in all things eternally valuable! Isaiah 61:3, "And provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor". It is my prayer that all of those who are brokenhearted, poor, imprisoned, grieving, mourning, or in despair may be made whole! In Christ we have been given an identity, my identity comes from Him. It is easy to find my identity in other people at times, but it is all in vain because my worth is in Christ alone. I am humbled daily and reminded I cannot rely on my own abilities, or lack there of, I need more of God every day. Before calling it a night, Cheralyn, Christy, and I went to the brand new Mexican restaurant to pick up supper. It took a while to get the food, but we got to watch Italy win their first soccer game while we waited! We took the food home and were joined by Rick & Rebekah, Kelcy, and Anna. Once we were all done eating we played a card game called "Bang" and enjoyed some chocolates and popcorn. It was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment