“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Help through prayer

Lydia and I were twins today!
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many" -2 Corinthians 1:3-11. Each day I am reminded more and more that I cannot get through a day on my own, and I don't just want to "get through" any day. I want to live each day, hour, and moment to the fullest, so I rely on the great Provider! God is my daily hope, the gracious giver, and wonderful counselor who hears my pleas. Not only does the Lord walk before me, but He goes with me and is faithful to each prayer I lay at His feet. When I come to Him with a ready heart and truly present my requests to Him, He provides in His perfect way. I went through donations this morning and got to visit with Sharon this

Beautiful rainbow at Bible Club!
morning! Then I got to spend the rest of the morning sewing away, such a great way to work and relax at the same time! Christy invited me over for lunch and it was delicious! When I was back at work it was time to help with sponsorship information. I went along to Bible Club to help out with the little guys, I also got to ride it the truck and had forgotten how excited the kids are about going places! It was so entertaining to see their responses to all the bumps from the road construction. There was a great message about how important it is to tell the truth and speaking kind words. When we got to go outside to play there were a bunch of different things going on, but jump rope and soccer were the two big events. There was a beautiful rainbow too! Such a beautiful reminder of God's promises! I walked straight to supper afterwards and it was a great time of fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment